IGNORED

Video card for TM990 U89 or /189

Hello,

I am looking for a copy of the two eprom tms2716 of the video extension card for the TM990/189 or TM990/189 card.

Or if one of you has that and would like to dump it on me. thank you in advance

Jean Louis

I got the impression that the two sockets on the video card itself were for user programs - so the sockets are empty when you bought the card. Support for the video card is built into University BASIC. As MAME emulates that, MAME must include the ROM dumps? See lines 440 onwards of https://github.com/MisterTea/MAMEHub/blob/master/Sources/Emulator/src/mess/drivers/tm990189.c.

• Like 2

Look at lines 920 to 956, as they show two different ROM loads: one that loads the standard boot ROM and the Extra ROM, and the other that loads both of those (in their normal spaces) and an additional pair of demo ROMs into the Video Card spaces.

It looks like no other ROMs are needed to operate the video card. . .as @Stuart has already noted that University BASIC supports it.

• Like 1

Hello

Thank you for your answers on the subject ER2289

@Ksarul  Jim for the line 920 to 956 these are the standard basic eproms and the others are a game, you just have to see the file with a hex editor  demo1000.u13 and demo1800.u11.

I could be wrong, but I think I'm right

@Stuart  The two eproms would therefore only be the games that are loaded by Load0 or Load1 but the system already manages the tms9918 at the start of the instructions.

The tms9918 card could work without these eproms

I'm less good than you two.

Jean louis

• Like 2