IGNORED

cold blood instructions

bradhig1

Is there a scan anywhere?   I can't get through the last level.  Too many dots needed to get power pellets.   Slow sluggish responding controls.

If I made this game I would do the following

pows only give fast ,freeze , and killer 

no dead ends

less dots needed to get power pellets.  

no high speed blue ghosts

That's way I can't make any games.

The stupid NES ruined most people's preception of diffculty in games.  

Now it's ramp it up ramp it up ,make it harder to match the NES and not care how anyone feels or how stressed they get playing it.

14 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

Is there a scan anywhere?   I can't get through the last level.  Too many dots needed to get power pellets.   Slow sluggish responding controls.

If I made this game I would do the following

pows only give fast ,freeze , and killer 

no dead ends

less dots needed to get power pellets.  

no high speed blue ghosts

That's way I can't make any games.

The stupid NES ruined most people's preception of diffculty in games.  

Now it's ramp it up ramp it up ,make it harder to match the NES and not care how anyone feels or how stressed they get playing it.

Ummm....I think I made maps when I was testing that game. Would that help?

can't beat the stupid uneeded final boss.  Can't get dots in upper corners because he throws ghosts there and at the bottom he shoots sharks.  I would never have put a final boss in just a win screen.  That's what I meean by ramp up diffculty can't just let me leave the last level and win.  

Should have selectable diffculty settings so players can play at a level that is comfortable for them not force them in to an unwanted diffculty.

2 hours ago, Swami said:

wouldn't the manual be in Japanese? That's what I usually run into.

https://www.generation-msx.nl/software/paxanga-soft/cold-blood/release/4246/

https://www.msxgamesworld.com/software.php?id=2673

https://www.teampixelboy.com/cold_blood.php

Just a couple links to info about Cold Blood that comes up in a search. As I mentioned, seeing as there are a lot of ports of games to the ColecoVision from other systems, easy enough to find info on them.

8 minutes ago, bradhig1 said:

What does the MSX have to do with the Colecovsion?

Most of the SGM games are conversions of MSX titles too "powerful" for the ColecoVision without the SGM. They also had bugs fixed from the MSX version and cycle time issues smoothed out. Some also have graphical enhancements to more fully use the potential of the SGM.

Many of these titles first showed up on the MSX, such as many Konami titles, and many were later ported to the 3rd gen SMS console.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradhig1 said:

What does the MSX have to do with the Colecovsion?

Exactly what I said, a lot of these Homebrew games are ports of games released for the MSX and some from the SG-1000. If you need help with a game, use a search engine to find a kinds of info about them especially if a manual PDF or gameplay video isn’t available for the ColecoVision version.  It’s called common sense.

Just now, NIAD said:

Exactly what I said, a lot of these Homebrew games are ports of games released for the MSX and some from the SG-1000. If you need help with a game, use a search engine to find all kinds of info about them especially if a manual PDF or gameplay video isn’t available for the ColecoVision version.  It’s called common sense.