IGNORED

Harmony Cartridge Menu Problems

rushguy

Thanks so much for the reply, yes, I thinking is possibly the connection, modern TV with Rf hookup however the games look decent , but I also  plan on upgrading, been looking into the Retron 77 , just wondering the Harmony Cart is compatible with it and if so so I need to update the firmware?

No, the Harmony cart is not compatible with R77. Actually the cartridge slot is mainly a marketing gimmick only, with very limited compatibility and reliability. If it works, it acts like a primitive cartridge dumper. The result is then used by the built-in emulator (Stella) to emulate the cart. Just like a normal ROM file.

But you don't need a Harmony with R77, since you can put all your games on an Micro-SD cart, plugged into the R77.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

The R77 has its own SD card.  To update the version of Stella it uses you'll either overwrite that SD card, or use a new one.

You can learn more in this topic, be sure to check the Read Me and the Installation Guide that it links to.

Thanks for the  link, so if I understand this correctly the retron 77 has two slots , one fir the firmware the other to load roms or is it all in one ? 

33 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

So you update the firmware and add roms from the same card , do the roms load onto the system or just emulate from the card? Does the stella build include both the update of the firmware with the roms included? 

Edited by rushguy

26 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The R77 is like a small PC with Stella installed. It starts from the SD cart, everything firmware, game etc. is stored there. Stella comes without ROMs.

So I just need to install the roms on the same SD cart and  will the roms that were loaded on a card that I use for my Harmony cart work and if so, I  just need to copy then from the Harmony cart card onto the new SD card?

8 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Yes

Heard there's a problem with the paddle controllers not working properly, has this been fixed ?

44 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The R77 is like a small PC with Stella installed. It starts from the SD cart, everything firmware, game etc. is stored there. Stella comes without ROMs.

So I need to install the roms on the same SD cart and  will the roms that were loaded on a card that I use for my Harmony cart work and if so, I  just need to copy then from the Harmony cart card onto the new SD card? 

1 hour ago, rushguy said:

Heard there's a problem with the paddle controllers not working properly, has this been fixed ?

So I need to install the roms on the same SD cart and  will the roms that were loaded on a card that I use for my Harmony cart work and if so, I  just need to copy then from the Harmony cart card onto the new SD card? 

What upgrade firmware is  better , the one on the retron website or the one the Community build or are they both the same ?