IGNORED

Last Strike: Feel the Panic

jgkspsx

3 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Nope, it's just tracking the highest score for a each player per rank.  Stops one player flooding the board, and allows more people get to see their name up there.

Ah, brilyunt!

It appears K3V is in training to step on my neck.

The leading zero on in-game scores makes me fret. Were there play testers who got more than 9 million points?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:35 AM, tripled79 said:

Update! Looks like the package finally moved again! 2nd of June it landed in Chicago. Maybe next month it will cross the border...

The package has finally arrived! It's been a long road, but for now I am enjoying the soundtrack on Jag CD VLM!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

And we have a winner with an amazing score - which I believe is higher than we even got in testing.

Congratulations!

Please PM me with name/address details!

Thanks everyone for entering, we will also be having a reBOOTed competition shortly.  Watch for details!

1 EDITORB 1933635 0

REBOOTER OF LIFE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

And we have a winner with an amazing score - which I believe is higher than we even got in testing.

Congratulations!

Please PM me with name/address details!

Thanks everyone for entering, we will also be having a reBOOTed competition shortly.  Watch for details!

1 EDITORB 1933635 0

REBOOTER OF LIFE

Hot Potatoes in the Sunshine! Sweet Mother of Gravy! People have often said, "Boy, you're a real winner," but it was obviously sarcasm.

I'm fairly flabbergasted as I spent hours on Rebooteroids and never got a score in any variant close to those atop scoreboards.

I'll shed a little light now that I'm officially 10 feet tall and covered in gold:

I mentioned earlier that I kilt myself by crashing into a boss after destroying it, regenerating the dude and letting me whack it again. (The boss, not, you know ...) I noticed sometimes I got 50,000 points, and sometimes 100,000. I thought for a while it was a reward for a certain number of boss kills. Nay, I discovered in last week that you get 50,000 for killing it, plus 50,000 if you can score a second shot after death throes arrive. It's tricky cuz you lose ability to fire as it's dying. After experimentation, I learnt that although it's more intuitive to think you'll get a double kill as it's zooming toward you, it's only possible as it moves away. So, I blast it until it has one shot left (I can't see health bar on right side of screen for first kill many times due to cropping; it's much easier to see after first kill.) Wait until it zooms away, and double blast it. Try to make sure it's toward center cuz sometimes you can't kill yourself if it's too far to right.

The easiest bosses to whack with this technique are second and fourth. I generally have 54 rescues after first level(s), procure both extra shots, plus two lives. Get to second boss, kilt it until 3 lives remain, then do vertical stage. Top off lives to 9 after third stage and buy coupla shields, then whack fourth boss until 3-4 lives remain. Fifth boss tougher to double kill but heroes do what they can.

I may be able to top 2 million, but my other video games are considering class-action lawsuit for lack of consortium.

Aside from such chicanery, memorize everything; it especially is handy when pesky foreground blocks the proceedings and you have to go by cranial memory and sound.

Thanks creating this'n here masterpiece, and your generosity in offering prize(s). As a greedy Amerikan jackowitz, I have not forgotten the solemn pledge that first to reach top rank would receive a smaller prize. Heyo!

I'll get you my mailing info sometime soon. Thanks again, Mr. Jones, sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 million no longer a theory but a law. If I nail a run, I think I could add 450,000. But that’s likely my top. I’m slaughtering survivors wantonly (with extra wantons) on portions of second and fourth verticals, and I’m sure there’s some golden path that would treble my score.

I’m kinda glad Tripled79 didn’t rage to top of charts. Since T79 only had copy a coupla weeks, I would have felt like I should cut prize in half and send a chunk. 

Edited by Editorb
Beerses+mathematics

20 hours ago, Editorb said:

I’m kinda glad Tripled79 didn’t rage to top of charts. Since T79 only had copy a coupla weeks, I would have felt like I should cut prize in half and send a chunk. 

Being a Canadian and all, I was definitely at a disadvantage as packages seem to take weeks just to cross the border for some reason. But I won't complain. I'll just enjoy the game that finally came to be.

It's fun, and challenging. I still can't beat the first level. I can just barely get past the first boss... I've also been posting scores in the other modes which many don't seem to be doing.

• Like 1