IGNORED

Last Strike: Feel the Panic

jgkspsx

1 hour ago, oakcitycomics said:

Sad to see this is over, Been waiting on my copy for 2 months no fault of AA they are busy. Will there be another round by chance ?

Maybe, who knows?

There will be one for reBOOTed coming soon, however :)

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:54 AM, str0m said:

OT: Might be a service menu where you can adjust the screen, I can on my B&O CRT from that era. Annoyingly some of my consoles shift the image slightly but most are ok enough to not bother changing it all the time. Can adjust all the warping etc as well. Mine is accessed by some hidden key press sequence on the remote

It took me some googlerizing, but I found the secret to the service menu on my Sony KV-27S42 and tweaked things to make the entire image fit. Thanks for the tip!

Weelah! Thank you to Mr. Jones and any other Rebooters for so generously rewarding this Rebootee! The purported lesser item (Superfly DX cart) is insanely great!

(This is not the canvas print’s final hanging place. Not sure yet where it will go. I have some rearranging to do, and my game room is trashed due to closing work office and shunting many things to storage and the rest into home.)

DD1C8C0A-F429-419E-B821-B923B3706EE3.jpeg

Edited by Editorb
(Editorb’s note: I do what I want!)
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Recently closed on building for office for my weekly newspaper, which allowed me to reclaim half my arcade room from lousy work crapola.

After several months of schlepping Last Strike canvas fro and to and hoping like heck not to wreck it, it achieved a wall space. It took far, far longer to move the final three feet than it did to ship from Australia to the Utopian Paradise of Olney, Illinois.

(I sometimes notice our ugly-buttocks wallpaper and note with bemusement that we hated it when we moved in. Twenty-five years later, there it remains. Poh well.)

1122470107_laststrike.thumb.jpg.6ef3b2a98697bc2383591ca54a5d8415.jpg

• Like 5

After a lot of hemming and hawing, being the cheap bastard that I am, I finally dusted off my crusty old credit card and ordered a copy of Last Strike with a clear shell.

It looks pretty amazing from Youtube videos, though i have to say I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of the finished game posted there.  There's some 'preview' videos of betas, but I found only detailed video of the final product - in French.  Maybe I'll have to make my own review to post there.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ls650 said:

After a lot of hemming and hawing, being the cheap bastard that I am, I finally dusted off my crusty old credit card and ordered a copy of Last Strike with a clear shell.

It looks pretty amazing from Youtube videos, though i have to say I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of the finished game posted there.  There's some 'preview' videos of betas, but I found only detailed video of the final product - in French.  Maybe I'll have to make my own review to post there.

Yeah, it's difficult to get people to leave reviews.  I'll be moving the AtariAge Store to new software soon, and I believe we'll see more people leaving reviews once that happens. 

..Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ls650 said:

It looks pretty amazing from Youtube videos, though i have to say I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of the finished game posted there.

I am working on getting remote capture set up, so I will try to post some gameplay videos of me being terrible when I do.  

That said, I am sure you won’t be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ls650 said:

Reboot won't send review copies out to websites except for Andrew Rosa.  The Immortal John Hancock also will do them but them buy it himself.  I really think Reboot should change that policy and send out a few review copies what the hell there stuff is f - ing good you know!

3 hours ago, The Helper said:

Reboot won't send review copies out to websites except for Andrew Rosa.  The Immortal John Hancock also will do them but them buy it himself.  

To be fair, these games are made in small numbers.  200 copies is a fairly good run.  If you give out just 4 copies for reviews, that's 2% of your entire production.

• Like 2

Game creators, especially the Indie ones, should not be obligated nor expected to provide free review copies.

Pretty much all of the "relevant" Youtube reviewers have both Youtube and Patreon revenue. Be decent: go there and buy your copy of the game since you're supposed to *love* games to the point of dedicating hours and hours to reviews.

Andrew Rosa is part of the Jaguar community and actually contributes to it, provides decent review to games, helps with testing, etc.. No need to envy the guy; I'm glad he got a review copy.

Most of the big shot YT reviewers are actually super lazy when reviewing games, many biased against the anything Jaguar (or anything Atari really); pretty terrible game reviewers if I'm being honest, hardly covering gameplay well; hardly doing any in-depth analysis.
I also doubt their audience is really into the Atari Jaguar, since most of time they cover NES/SNES/Mega Drive, etc.

Edited by Barone
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, The Helper said:

Reboot won't send review copies out to websites except for Andrew Rosa.  The Immortal John Hancock also will do them but them buy it himself.  I really think Reboot should change that policy and send out a few review copies what the hell there stuff is f - ing good you know!

Really, they won't? That is news to me. 

There are a handful of content creators who give 'free passes' for obviously broken products.  The sites doing this have zero integrity in my opinion, and won't get a review copy even if they ask - because how could anyone ever trust what they have to say?

Finally, thank you for the last comment - I'm really glad you are enjoying our games! Maybe leave a review in the AA store? :D

• Like 5

6 hours ago, The Helper said:

Just to be clear, I don't receive review copies from Reboot or AtariAge. Rebooteroids was a gift, and I was a tester on Last Strike. Also, seeing as how I collaborate with CyranoJ now, I don't think potential consumers will fully trust any critique of Reboot's work done by me. I may be wrong, though I feel it's the fair thing to do. 

In addition, I've retired Master-Cast TV indefinitely. Honestly, I wanna' be the guy making stuff; not critiquing it. So I'm concentrating on my movies - even releasing them on Betamax and VHS. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Andrew Rosa said:

Just to be clear, I don't receive review copies from Reboot or AtariAge. Rebooteroids was a gift, and I was a tester on Last Strike. Also, seeing as how I collaborate with CyranoJ now, I don't think potential consumers will fully trust any critique of Reboot's work done by me. I may be wrong, though I feel it's the fair thing to do. 

In addition, I've retired Master-Cast TV indefinitely. Honestly, I wanna' be the guy making stuff; not critiquing it. So I'm concentrating on my movies - even releasing them on Betamax and VHS. 

I am sad that you retired Master-Cast TV I definitely liked your content.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Really, they won't? That is news to me. 

There are a handful of content creators who give 'free passes' for obviously broken products.  The sites doing this have zero integrity in my opinion, and won't get a review copy even if they ask - because how could anyone ever trust what they have to say?

Finally, thank you for the last comment - I'm really glad you are enjoying our games! Maybe leave a review in the AA store? :D

I have not left a review on the Atari Age site but I definitely pump Reboot games on my website.  I think you guys are awesome and I hope you never stop!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Andrew Rosa said:

Thanks for being so transparent. And thanks for Master-Cast TV too, really enjoyed it over the years. I wish you nothing but the best.

• Like 2

This seems to be a nice looking fun game! And console exclusive I reckon.

Had some unluck with modern releases though which got me to ”dra öronen åt mig”. Got two games one dead at arrival and another that Died after six months. And I have never had ANy problem with ANY cart before or since. Not pointing fingers here, only sharing my experience. Just threw them in the trash. Well ”tredje gången gillt”. Might give it a go some day, order this.

By the way is it possible to still order Joust port? Got only Bubble bobble and Gauntlet II by some reason unknown… Gazee still around? Would be two awesome games for sure!

And congratz to canvas and shining cart. So cool! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Helper said:

I am sad that you retired Master-Cast TV I definitely liked your content.

Thank you. I appreciate it. It may return here and there once my home life settles down. It's just that since this pandemic struck, the day job is way more demanding. That, and both my parents have serious health concerns in which both my wife and I are doing the best we can to help. I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and enjoy a video game. Whenever I get a little free time, I try and spend it with the wife, or work on movies. Still, one of these days, Master-Cast may return. Once I accept nobody likes my movies. ??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Barone said:

Thanks for being so transparent. And thanks for Master-Cast TV too, really enjoyed it over the years. I wish you nothing but the best.

My pleasure. Thank you for enduring the foul mouth and weird sexual analogies. ? I may come back when things settle down at home. Just gonna' take awhile. At least I get to contribute through Reboot, writing mission briefings and spitballing with the crew. That, and getting to see what's in the pipe for upcoming projects is always a treat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Rosa said:

Thank you. I appreciate it. It may return here and there once my home life settles down. It's just that since this pandemic struck, the day job is way more demanding. That, and both my parents have serious health concerns in which both my wife and I are doing the best we can to help. I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and enjoy a video game. Whenever I get a little free time, I try and spend it with the wife, or work on movies. Still, one of these days, Master-Cast may return. Once I accept nobody likes my movies. ??

All of Reboot's games are well worth the price. If you walk into our gameroom, I can guarantee a reboot game is in the Jaguar.

Save me some time searching Andrew, where can I see your movies?

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Machine said:

All of Reboot's games are well worth the price. If you walk into our gameroom, I can guarantee a reboot game is in the Jaguar.

Save me some time searching Andrew, where can I see your movies?

Yes Andrew please link your movies I would like to check them out as well!

• Like 1