Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Coming soon to a retailer near you in 2021!

 

shot0002.gif.31820dacfeccdc23156d50f63474c99b.gif

 

Game currently has a 1 player mode and the ability to select any boxer you want. It does not matter which fighter your opponent selects.

 

shot0001.gif.7876fbd2e87c01ed62b47518bb818538.gif

 

More enhancements are planned as development continues.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jaxivision said:

Where do I order?

Sounds like Dave just started working on it,all in good time my friend!😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo, that's one of the most anticipated Super Pro conversions of all!

Thank you Dave. I really can't wait

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Will there be a key that bites the ear off your opponent?  Asking for my friend Mike.

That would be an amazing easter egg!!!😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great!   Thanks for thinking of this as a one-player.  I wish all of the original sports games were like that... I mean back in the 80's.

 

Any chance for multi-colored boxers?  Maybe just different color shorts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the single least played game in my home growing up. (sports title)

 

I competed in a "championship" with about 20 people at the local video store way back when.  I got through a few "rounds".

 

I had never played it before...  But everyone with first pick, choose the same fighter.  So, I lucked out and got first pick a couple of times and picked the same fighter!

 

I later got the game, but could never find anyone to play against.  MLB, NFL and NBA was not a problem. But no one wanted to box!

 

So, color me intrigued!

 

Oh, just thinking... Could you add a menu to choose fighter "style" and then fighter "color"?  Then when we choose the same fighter - which we will, we can be different colors?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is boxing the only sports title which does not have a one player mode?

 

Boxing is probably the first game I could think of that needs the ability to start the game off in a slow mode/speed. It makes it easier to see what throw the opponent will make so that you can counter it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If both fighters were the same color, some punches would disappear as they got close to their target. That's probably why Mattel avoided it.

 

I'm supposing only certain colors are available for the boxers, but maybe using black for the computer boxer would work. The boxer could still be in color on the selection screen so the player knows what kind of opponent he's fighting, but then change to black for the match. The colored number above the ring would stay as an indicator.

 

choose-boxers.jpg.8f606011fd89d365e8d818082a54a323.jpg  black-boxer.jpg.2144d153da1354eadde7c5d97030a30c.jpg

 

Will the number of rounds be changed from 15 to 12, as professional boxing began doing in 1982?

And while we're at it, the selection screen should probably be updated to say "Choose Boxers" instead of "Choose Men."

 

A one-player boxing game would be great.

Edited by mthompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mthompson said:

If both fighters were the same color, some punches would disappear as they got close to their target. That's probably why Mattel avoided it.

 

I'm supposing only certain colors are available for the boxers, but maybe using black for the computer boxer would work. The boxer could still be in color on the selection screen so the player knows what kind of opponent he's fighting, but then change to black for the match. The colored number above the ring would stay as an indicator.

 

choose-boxers.jpg.8f606011fd89d365e8d818082a54a323.jpg  black-boxer.jpg.2144d153da1354eadde7c5d97030a30c.jpg

 

Will the number of rounds be changed from 15 to 12, as professional boxing began doing in 1982?

And while we're at it, the selection screen should probably be updated to say "Choose Boxers" instead of "Choose Men."

 

A one-player boxing game would be great.

Or maybe chose between 1-99 rounds.  (Or maybe 110 since that was the most every played in real life)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2021 at 6:09 PM, mthompson said:

I'm supposing only certain colors are available for the boxers, but maybe using black for the computer boxer would work. The boxer could still be in color on the selection screen so the player knows what kind of opponent he's fighting, but then change to black for the match. The colored number above the ring would stay as an indicator.

 

Will the number of rounds be changed from 15 to 12, as professional boxing began doing in 1982?

And while we're at it, the selection screen should probably be updated to say "Choose Boxers" instead of "Choose Men."

 

 

Great suggestions. Thanks. Here is a WIP video.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome. I never understood the need for that limitation of the colors.  I understand it being an issue autoracing.

 

I always loved Boxing, but couldn't understand the visual of that left?  glove with the hole in it, messing up the look of the fighter's heads.

The fighter always reminded me of the elephant man , which probably came out in theaters around the same time.

 

 

I was very confused when christmas 81 came, and the catalog in my sea battle had a better  looking boxing "coming soon"... although years later, i realized its an artists rendering, it actually seems possible for this to be created, but this always bugged me... along with the original look of dungeons and dragons

image.thumb.png.da76ee157400fc0065bf1d55fd1f517e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

That was a reenactment of an early Mike Tyson fight!

 

Looks like fun!

 

All the levels you wanted were in there. Super Pro level will not be in there for you to win.

As I was playing the game, I was laughing the entire time. It was fun to play boxing again....one player this time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, masseo1 said:

I always loved Boxing, but couldn't understand the visual of that left?  glove with the hole in it, messing up the look of the fighter's heads.

The fighter always reminded me of the elephant man , which probably came out in theaters around the same time.

 

YES!  As a kid, I had the same issues visualizing what that picture in the catalog was supposed to represent!  I thought the hole in the glove was an eye!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

 

YES!  As a kid, I had the same issues visualizing what that picture in the catalog was supposed to represent!  I thought the hole in the glove was an eye!

Ah, probably the best description of what I think we see. You can never unsee two eyes on the boxers. 

I have to mess around with a mock-up i, I want to see if the boxers looks any better to me with different color gloves thanthe body.

I realize The old boxing "coming soon" was better represented in Super Pro Wrestling., Maybe there can be a de-make of "Wrestling" from Boxing, with these "extra large guys with funny eyes"

 

Still looking forward to a one player version of Boxing. It would be nice to not have the limitation on not being able to move and punch.... like make the action buttons punch in sequence .... left,right?   if not , We should be able to use one controller to move, and the other to punch. I've lost plenty of matches while pressing the disc and buttons... never knowing why things weren't working on the screen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...