IGNORED

Super Pro Boxing

48 minutes ago, mthompson said:

Looks great! Is the computer boxer a random pick? Will the player know what the computer boxer's strengths are?

Yes, the computer boxer will be a random pick and always be the color shown in the video. Yes, you will know the computer's strengths depending on the level of play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks good. I wonder if it would be possible to move the playfield around a little bit so the bell from the original advertising could actually be fit into the display? It might be a nice Super Pro touch to have an animated bell ring, or a buzzer or something.

• 1 month later...

The game is almost done. It has been fun. I never thought I would play boxing again as it is impossible to find a second player.

shot0002.gif.cf9fe021ac0b25b293efcbf2e04341a1.gif

Is there any boxing expert that can help with the final touches?

Someone said "Could you add a menu to choose fighter "style" and then fighter "color"?  Then when we choose the same fighter - which we will, we can be different colors?"

if you found a second player, you both could choose the same boxer and will be the same color. The updates to this game is all about one player so I am not focused on two player mode.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

The game is almost done. It has been fun. I never thought I would play boxing again as it is impossible to find a second player.

shot0002.gif.cf9fe021ac0b25b293efcbf2e04341a1.gif

Is there any boxing expert that can help with the final touches?

Someone said "Could you add a menu to choose fighter "style" and then fighter "color"?  Then when we choose the same fighter - which we will, we can be different colors?"

if you found a second player, you both could choose the same boxer and will be the same color. The updates to this game is all about one player so I am not focused on two player mode.

Looks good! Can’t Wait! As with most of the early games, finding a second player is the problem. This will help and update the gameplay just like your other great releases. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Getting game boards seems to be a challenge. King of the Mountain is ready to go except for the game boards :(

Maybe Boxing can get released at the same time as KotM (?)

I so hope they get out this year. I do not want to release a ROM package prior to CIB release. I am not a fan of sitting on games. Both these games need to get out!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Very impressive!  You have fulfilled a childhood dream of mine!  I recall many times that I played Intellivision boxing (and many other two player only titles) by myself.  Too bad INTV never produced a "Super Pro" Armor or Sea Battle.  The latter, in particular, would have been quite complex but extremely fun!

Anyway, I will definitely will be placing an order!  Great work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaypro said:

Too bad INTV never produced a "Super Pro" Armor or Sea Battle.  The latter, in particular, would have been quite complex but extremely fun!

Anyway, I will definitely will be placing an order!  Great work!

I started working on Sea Battle but keep getting stalled as I am thinking of changing how the game works.... and I do not like to change the feel of the game.

I did not play Armor Battle as a kid but have thought of making that a one player game. Same for Biplanes :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

I did not play Armor Battle as a kid but have thought of making that a one player game. Same for Biplanes :) 

Whoa!  Single player Biplanes would be the piece de resistance!  I could see that being an awesomely addicting game!

6 hours ago, intvdave said:

I started working on Sea Battle but keep getting stalled as I am thinking of changing how the game works.... and I do not like to change the feel of the game.

I have never played sea battle, but this would make it really possible.

I never liked Armor Battle.  But the triple action tanks moved fast enough to be fun.

Don't get me started on Biplanes.  You make that a challenging 1 player game, my wife might not see me for weeks at a time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3