IGNORED

Gods and The Chaos Engine coming soon to the Atari Jaguar!

Albert

Gods and The Chaos Engine from the Bitmap Brothers are making their way to the Atari Jaguar in 2021!  Both games will be available from the AtariAge Store.

gods_logo_600.png

Immortality breeds contempt and the Gods, so long uncaring for the events of man, know nothing of the exploits of our hero. He stands before them showing neither fear nor disdain and asks the Gods that shall he return, fulfilling completely their quest, he will join them as an equal and a brother.

The horror, the impertinence the mistake realized too late, the gateway lies open to their domain where no mortal man ever trod before.

But the words of the Gods may not be broken and only the hope of the hero's failure comforts them as the warrior departs for the City of Legends, preparing to carve one more story on its walls...

Gods is a game of exploration, combat and adventure. You assume the role of a classical hero who has taken up the challenge of the Gods. In order to gain the ultimate prize of immortality you must slay the four guardians of the city and return to Mount Olympus.

chaos_engine_logo_600.png

Enter six hard nailed mercenaries for hire. The Thug, Preacher, Mercenary, Gentleman, Navvie and Brigand. These ball breakers are armed to the teeth with over 25 weapons and a host of destructive devices peculiar to their class. Select two characters to form your party and enter the World of Chaos.

The adventure covers four graphic worlds and 16 levels loaded with fiendish traps, puzzles, and secret passages. Blag or blast your way through hordes of different monsters to do battle with the ultimate killing machine, The Chaos Engine.

----

Stay tuned for more details about both games!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Finally, I don't have to keep quiet about these :)

It is an absolute honour and privilidge to again work with The Bitmap Brothers on bringing these titles over the the Jaguar.

I look forward to sharing more news and updates on them as their releases get nearer.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Here is the new introduction sequence with the replaced music: 

The original musical score for The Chaos Engine has been completely replaced by Roald Strauss (who has also provided the musical score for Reboot's upcoming game "Gravitic Mines" and well as the already released "Biopede" and several others!)

Great care has been taken to align the new tracks to give a fantastic new experience to this classic game.

• Like 10

On 5/15/2021 at 7:23 PM, CyranoJ said:

It is an absolute honour and privilidge to again work with The Bitmap Brothers on bringing these titles over the the Jaguar.

I look forward to sharing more news and updates on them as their releases get nearer.

I have been resisting the ST ports because I would really like to be able to afford diapers for my son. That said anything that is bitmap brothers sanctioned has to be in my collection (and I SUCK at both of these games)

• Like 1

Never got the hang of Gods (also didn't buy the remake on modern consoles) but I have really really fond memories of Chaos Engine at a friend's place Amiga.

And while I can't afford keeping up with jaguar collecting it's really nice to see all this titles finding their way over to the Jag.

On 5/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, CyranoJ said:

You sweet, sweet bastard!  Guess I will be spending more....

On 5/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, SlidellMan said:

Will these ports support the Pro Controller or not?

On 5/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, CyranoJ said:

If the pro controller has up/down/left/right and A,B,C... then yes ;)

Ha ha, I would have busted a gut if you'd said it required a CD32 gamepad. 

All joking aside, I think the only system I ever played it on that utilized more than one button was the Genesis/Mega Drive version.  Both games are extremely difficult, though I've managed to get through more of The Chaos Engine than I have of Gods.  What would have been cool is to bundle Chaos Engine 1 and 2 on a cart. 

Do either or both have trainers?  Asking for a friend...

• Haha 2

I'll be honest I've never heard of "Gods" before, but I play The Chaos Engine on my Amiga CD32 and that game is pretty fun! Thank god I have a working CD32 controller, but otherwise a Genesis controller works on the CD32. This definitely looks like a promising port for sure!

8 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I'll be honest I've never heard of "Gods" before, but I play The Chaos Engine on my Amiga CD32 and that game is pretty fun! Thank god I have a working CD32 controller, but otherwise a Genesis controller works on the CD32. This definitely looks like a promising port for sure!

Ha, I managed to spend (way too much) enough to get two Competition Pro CD32 controllers.  But I bought them specifically for my Amigas and their CD32 emulation capability.  Plus there are a few plain Amiga games that'll utilize more than one button.  Like the excellent Leander.

Gods is an amazing game, but so very difficult.

9 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, I managed to spend (way too much) enough to get two Competition Pro CD32 controllers.  But I bought them specifically for my Amigas and their CD32 emulation capability.  Plus there are a few plain Amiga games that'll utilize more than one button.  Like the excellent Leander.

Gods is an amazing game, but so very difficult.

I have the Honeybee Competition Pro version for my CD32, but you're right it literally uses 1 button for this game!

Someone mentioned pro controller up top in the thread tho, what would be awesome with this type of top down game is if you could strafe left/right with the shoulder button. Since when I move the try to move the player left or right it turns them as well, meaning it affects what you're shooting at (like in Total carnage) which is something I dislike. However I'll take what i can get, I can't program games for shiz, but if strafing left and right is an option would be great!

4 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I have the Honeybee Competition Pro version for my CD32, but you're right it literally uses 1 button for this game!

Someone mentioned pro controller up top in the thread tho, what would be awesome with this type of top down game is if you could strafe left/right with the shoulder button. Since when I move the try to move the player left or right it turns them as well, meaning it affects what you're shooting at (like in Total carnage) which is something I dislike. However I'll take what i can get, I can't program games for shiz, but if strafing left and right is an option would be great!

For sure!  Chaos Engine should have been a twin stick shooter.  Unfortunately that wasn't a thing on consoles pre-PS2(?).

Well, unless you talk about Robotron 2084 and Space Dungeon on the 8bit / 5200.

Interesting to note; both of these games have had a modern release.  I think Gods had a graphical remake as well.  I can't recall if The Chaos Engine did. 

I also wanted to ask, is there a particular method to your decision process on 'this will be a full cart+box on AtariAge release' vs 'I'm just throwing out Skunk / JagGD images' release?  Just curious, don't want to start a flame war or anything (which I know happens all too often about the Jag)

2 hours ago, leech said:

Interesting to note; both of these games have had a modern release.  I think Gods had a graphical remake as well.  I can't recall if The Chaos Engine did. 

I also wanted to ask, is there a particular method to your decision process on 'this will be a full cart+box on AtariAge release' vs 'I'm just throwing out Skunk / JagGD images' release?  Just curious, don't want to start a flame war or anything (which I know happens all too often about the Jag)

I think the full box release ones are ones he can acquire the rights/ok from developer to release