IGNORED

Start MULTIPLAN cartridge from FG99 automatically

wolhess

3 hours ago, wolhess said:

I have always observed this behavior if the program is not found on the assigned TIPI drive. Then the DSR searches for the DSK1 device on other CRU addresses and finds the TI disk controller and my physical DSK1 on CRU 1100.

As a rule, I have just entered a wrong path or file name.

Yes I see the same behavior on my set up. Not sure what's going on... I'll play with it some more.

3 hours ago, wolhess said:

I can load Multiplan from the mapped tipi drive (DSK1.) and I load the data file from a mapped tipi drive DSK2.

without an issue.

In my tipi configuration I have AUTO=OFF.

But I have load and save issues with the Multiplan tabel files when I use the 80 column version.

My 80 column Multiplan only loads an existing table file. I can work with this file and I can save it using the same file name. If I will save a new file it doesn‘t work. 
So I have to use the 40 column version to create a new file or to save an existing file to a new name.

Are you able to save to a new file if you use the real DSK1 or DSK2 drive instead of mapped drives?

10 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Are you able to save to a new file if you use the real DSK1 or DSK2 drive instead of mapped drives?

I think I can save a new file on a real disc with the 40 column version. I will check this with the 80 column version tomorrow morning.

Yes I see the same behavior on my set up. Not sure what's going on... I'll play with it some more.

Did you use the filname with the correct name in upper or lower case?

If you have mapped the folder, you can catalog the files in DSK1 with dm2k or with call cat(1) in rxb.

so you are shure you have the mp files in the mapped tipi folder. 

55 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Did you use the filname with the correct name in upper or lower case?

If you have mapped the folder, you can catalog the files in DSK1 with dm2k or with call cat(1) in rxb.

so you are shure you have the mp files in the mapped tipi folder. 

It turned out that the program disk had to be named TIMP... It's in the *README file ?

Once I created a folder with that name and moved the files into it, everything worked, although like you I cannot seem to be able to save a new file. Not sure where the issue is here...

• Like 1

It turned out that the program disk had to be named TIMP... It's in the *README file ?

Once I created a folder with that name and moved the files into it, everything worked, although like you I cannot seem to be able to save a new file. Not sure where the issue is here...

Yes you are right, my both multiplan versions are in different subfolders but both are named "TIMP"!

MP40: DSK1. = TIPI.MM.P.TIMP and

MP80: DSK1. = TIPI.MM.P.80.TIMP

DATA: DSK2. = TIPI.MM.P.TIMP.TAB

Today I tested to save a new worksheet on my real floppy drive DSK3. and this is working with both versions (40 and 80 column).

Existing worksheets I can load and save on a mapped tipi drive only with the same name. (also with 40 and 80 column version).

To save an existing worksheet with a different file name or in symbolic or other format I have to save it on the real floppy like a new worksheet.

So my approach for new worksheets or new filenames is to save it on a real floppy. Then run dm2k and copy the new file to my tipi data folder.

My normal work process is to map the TIMP folder to DSK1. and the data folder to DSK2. and I use DSK3. for my real floppy drive 3.

Then I run the multiplan cartridge directly from the FG99 or from my Mega Menu program or from a Force Command menu.

So I can load an existing worksheet, work with it and I can save it back to the tipi folder.

If I need an other filename for the worksheet or if I need a new worksheet, I save it to the real floppy DSK3 and later I copy the new file to the tipi folder DSK2.

All the above is working with the FG99 original phm3113.bin multiplan cartridge file.

The picture shows my worksheet with which I document my drinks purchases.

image.thumb.png.7675959adffe9dc3f47f8f232dbb37ac.png

The modified cartridge file to autostart the multiplan cartridge is also working for existing worksheet files.

But this bin file has problems to save files even on a real floppy drive! Multiplan displays the message "Cannot write file" and then it hangs so I have to reset the TI console.
After I was doing this, the disk in DSK3. is corrupt. It cannot read or write data and dm2k shows an error 6. So I have to reformat the disk.

The 80 column version cannot print a worksheet, so If I will print it I use the 40 column version. This is the reason I configured my Mega Menu and my Force command AUTOCMD
so I can select both versions of Multiplan.

I also tested to print the workspace to a file. This works also only on a real floppy and only possible with the 40 column version of Multiplan!

This file I can load with the TIW or like in the next picture with Fred Kaals 80 column editor or in the Funnelweb Editor with 80 column:

image.thumb.png.ad57eb533e50eb6fa3a05efccfa058d8.png  image.thumb.png.e3efb96fb42dc7a584c47e1006fca499.png

If I configure the PI.PIO printer with  Print - Options - TAB (CTRL+A) setup: PI.PIO

When I print the worksheet it prints to the tipi printer and I can show it on the PC and print it on my PC-Printer.

image.thumb.png.0491dfd139e84f603af2aabeea4a4b41.png

Thanks for the thorough investigation. I wonder why the differences between the 40 and 80 column multiplan though when it comes to saving and printing...

On a side note, I've never know anyone who tracked their drink purchases in a spreadsheet. Novel concept ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I wonder why the differences between the 40 and 80 column multiplan though when it comes to saving and printing...

I think this is a result of patching the original Multiplan version to work with 80 columns on the TI hardware.

It seems this is not an official version from Microsoft.

I have Multiplan for my CP/M Plus system and for my MS-DOS PC in 80 column and with these I have no problems. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolhess said:

I think this is a result of patching the original Multiplan version to work with 80 columns on the TI hardware.

It seems this is not an official version from Microsoft.

I have Multiplan for my CP/M Plus system and for my MS-DOS PC in 80 column and with these I have no problems. 

Well as long as we have a workaround it should be fine...