IGNORED

VCF Midwest 2021

DarkLord

No, I got 3 rooms for me, Lonny and you.  I didn't get one for Ron at the time because I wasn't sure if he was coming and whether or not he was coming with us or going on his own (and what dates).

So you're covered James.

I'm sorry I didn't get that clarified sooner.  Kinda lost track of it.  Actually made a note of it when I was in the office today to make sure I looked into that.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Totally forgot about this.  I was waffling on whether or not I wanted to go due to the pandemic but I guess this made up my mind for me.  Unless they open up more rooms or something.

Comfort Suites is like 5-8 minutes away and the people at the Clarion told me they would probably be

running a shuttle service locally for people who needed transportation there.

I checked the Comfort Suites out because I thought the Clarion was sold out at first.

2 hours ago, Tillek said:

No, I got 3 rooms for me, Lonny and you.  I didn't get one for Ron at the time because I wasn't sure if he was coming and whether or not he was coming with us or going on his own (and what dates).

So you're covered James.

I'm sorry I didn't get that clarified sooner.  Kinda lost track of it.  Actually made a note of it when I was in the office today to make sure I looked into that.

No problem. I wasn't sure either and I finally just decided to quit dilly-dallying and go for it.

Probably half a dozen times in the past I've started to attend an Atari show and let something

stop me. Attending an Atari show has been on my personal bucket list for a very long time. It's

long past time that I make it happen.

Not getting any younger ya know.  :)

22 hours ago, Tempest said:

Totally forgot about this.  I was waffling on whether or not I wanted to go due to the pandemic but I guess this made up my mind for me.  Unless they open up more rooms or something.

Well, as far as I know they haven't actually opened up the housing block yet, so when they do that I'm sure there will be more rooms.

I always tend to book early and forego the savings in place of actually standing a better chance of getting a room.  I tend to fail at the "lottery".

Well, there was that one year I managed to book a room for Gencon in the hotel right across the street (with a skywalk).  Some serious buzzed gaming happened that year.  I'm sure it was awesome... just wish I could remember it.

• Like 1

Well, Midwest is about 6 hours away... East is about 7-8.  Plus Lonny is on the way to Midwest, so picking him up is easy (and right about "break time").  I also have friends in that area that I might take the time to have dinner with but my nearest family to NJ is in Hartford and Boston.

So for me, it was kind of easy.  Plus I think Amis was going to hit Midwest too?

Well guys I am thinking that Midwest is not going to be for me.

I think if I go to a VFC this year it will have to east. 

1 - MID west is on my ladies birthday.. and Chicago suburbs is not doing it for her.

2 - and more likely the main reason - I have little confidence that the border will be open in September will no quarenteen restrictions, and I still need to be at work when I return.

East is Oct 8,9,10 - NJ - not far from NY  and other outlet malls etc.. and not on a birthday.. so I can pull that off. Also Scott Adams of Adventures International is a speaker and I am a huge Text adventure fan. I hear some people I know have a problem with the VCF east organizers , but for me at the moment.. thats the easiest one for me to get to.. or I just wait till 2022

James

3 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Dang it, James... :(

we will see.. she says she can find some fun stuff to do. The evening of the 12th her birthday I am not hanging with the guys though.. lol    Lets see what happens with the border.

James

14 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Well guys I am thinking that Midwest is not going to be for me.

I think if I go to a VFC this year it will have to east. 

1 - MID west is on my ladies birthday.. and Chicago suburbs is not doing it for her.

2 - and more likely the main reason - I have little confidence that the border will be open in September will no quarenteen restrictions, and I still need to be at work when I return.

East is Oct 8,9,10 - NJ - not far from NY  and other outlet malls etc.. and not on a birthday.. so I can pull that off. Also Scott Adams of Adventures International is a speaker and I am a huge Text adventure fan. I hear some people I know have a problem with the VCF east organizers , but for me at the moment.. thats the easiest one for me to get to.. or I just wait till 2022

James

Maybe you can meet up with @moonlight_mile  :)

-JP

• Like 1

Well looking like Chicago is going to work.  So we are looking at flights - wont be driving. I will be unavailable the Saturday night :)  and Tillek I will be using the room reservation you used for me. I will need to PM you about it.

Now I just need the border to open up.

James

• 2 months later...

WOW.. crazy world guys..   Im sorry, but Illinois is getting too crazy for us. 4000 cases a day and climbing.. VCF is going to have people from EVERYWHERE..  So for us this just does not justify the risk.

Im sorry, but we have backed out, cancelled our Room, and flight. I will have to hope to see all you guys next year.. OH PLEASE .. one more yet let this be down to a flu... dammit.  We still have a cruise we have paid for over Christmas that I am worried we might have to cancel yet. 

This sucks.