IGNORED

Hardware wish list

rietveld

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

I assume you mean for the ADAM. I'd like to see a barcode reader designed to be plugged into the expansion port. I suppose it could work on a ColecoVision console too.  :) 

A barcode reader should be able to be connected to the MIB 's serial port also.  

If you mean the SmartClock that was sold by Trisyd Video Games that came either installed in a Dynomite Sound Digitizer cartridge or as a loose chip that installed in the empty (most ADAMs) U## socket on the ADAM Logic Board...

it is a universal clock chip that can be used on numerous systems. They are hard to source especially since an eBay seller ran out of NOS stock. I don’t remember the chip # off hand, so hopefully Tekman will chime in.

You’re talking about the Dallas DS1216E SmartWatch ROM. There was a guy on eBay that had a decent supply of NOS chips at one time but his supply has now dried up. If you can find a NOS one the battery is out of circuit until it’s power up for the first time. I'm certain all used ones have bad batteries by now. There’s info on the net that shows how to drill specific locations to sever old internal battery lines and how to wire an external battery to get them working again.

You must get the E version of the DS1216 because it's specific for inserting in a ROM location.

https://pdfserv.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS1216-DS1216H.pdf

It’s a fun mod for about 5 minutes and then you’ll more than likely never use it again. It requires patching EOS every time you want to use it. I think only a couple applications natively support it and I think T-DOS might have a patch for it.