IGNORED

SDrive-Max Help!

GRC7800

So I recently encountered a problem controlling my SDrive-Max from the touchscreen. For whatever inexplicable reason, I was messing around with the settings in the "Cfg" tab. I believe I essentially unselected all the options, namely: Rotate, Scroll, BootD1,1050, Blank, and SaveIm. I can't recall if I hit Save or Exit, but it must have been Save. Anyway, immediately afterwards, the screen orientation flipped upside down. Not a big deal, obviously, but after that, the touchscreen is almost completely unresponsive! I say almost, because when I tap on the blue Ready Screen at the bottom, it goes fullscreen.

I can of course control most features from the Atari menu, except I can't select New allowing me to insert a blank disk.

I have tried resetting the SDrive-Max using Shift+Clear, but that does nothing to the touchscreen. 

I don't know that it is relevant, but I didn't build it myself as I'm bad with electronics. I purchased it already assembled. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Edited by GRC7800

I think the reason it's not working is because the screen has flipped but the initial calibration has been

retained, so an upside down screen won't have the touch areas in the right place.

What you need to do is power the SDrive off, touch and hold the screen, keep it 'touched' while

powering up, it should take you through the calibration settings again

Here's the quote from the build instructions:-

Display usage:

- On first start follow touching the calibration crosses. You can redo this
  at any time by hold touching during startup. This have to be also done,
  if you have changed the display rotation. <<<-----   this is your problem :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1