IGNORED

Need a soldering refresher? First time soldering?

gnusto

18 hours ago, atarialoha said:

So, after quite a bit Google detective work, I found what looks like a VERY SIMILAR direct China no-name model; probably uses the same electronics/firmware:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32825792006.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4a267fd2cqCZV0&algo_pvid=null&algo_expid=null&btsid=0b0a555316224921090282987eae0d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

and it says you can use the SD card for photo/video.

Are you plugging it into the computer via USB? It might not transfer video that way, maybe just use the SD card and record on it?

The company that I purchased the scope through sent a response to my questions.  They also sent a pdf of the documentation.  While

this scope has some very nice features, it also has some serious drawbacks:

The battery will change through the USB port, but it takes almost a day to charge it! (they recommend using a 5V 2AMP phone charger).

As you suspected, you can not communicate with anything via the USB connection and have to use the 32 gig TF card.

I haven't found a way yet to turn off the exterior lights without shutting off the scope.

The screen has an icon to start audio recording, but it is not implemented at this time as there is no mike in the unit.

So what I will do is start an audio recording with my Win10 headset while I'm recording the video on the scope (as soon as the 32gig

TF card comes from Amazon). 

But other then that, this is a very fine scope, well built, with HDMI capable resolution.

DavidMil  

On 5/31/2021 at 1:08 AM, atarialoha said:

Model 207?

2039546514_ScreenShot2021-05-30at10_07_55PM.thumb.png.66af5c335b5a1c3b8460a0e17a1df643.png

LM-302 looks exactly like Andonstar ADSM302 that many people were recommending when I was looking for a microscope. The image quality is good and there’s enough space to use your soldering iron.

• Like 1

If you are serious about working with SM components I recommend getting this glue to put under the components before soldering.

It dries in about 2 minutes and dissolves with Isopropyl Alcohol.  This is a life saver (or at least a frustration reducer) when soldering

SM components!  There is so little leeway with the tight fit of the small legs and pads that the slightest touch of the iron or the

adhesion between the solder and the iron can move the component.  It costs about $10.00 for 10 cc's and has a shelf life of about

1 year. Remember that you only need the tiniest dot of this glue to hold the component in place.   This is from Mouser...

DavidMil

IC Glue.JPG

27 minutes ago, DavidMil said:

If you are serious about working with SM components I recommend getting this glue to put under the components before soldering.

It dries in about 2 minutes and dissolves with Isopropyl Alcohol.  This is a life saver (or at least a frustration reducer) when soldering

SM components!  There is so little leeway with the tight fit of the small legs and pads that the slightest touch of the iron or the

adhesion between the solder and the iron can move the component.  It costs about $10.00 for 10 cc's and has a shelf life of about

1 year. Remember that you only need the tiniest dot of this glue to hold the component in place.   This is from Mouser...

DavidMil

IC Glue.JPG

I normally use a tiny amount of blutak, solder one side of the SMD, remove the Blutak and solder the other side - But this is a great idea.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hasanc said:

LM-302 looks exactly like Andonstar ADSM302 that many people were recommending when I was looking for a microscope. The image quality is good and there’s enough space to use your soldering iron.

$225 on Amazon.

Just FYI for those who might be looking to get one, there is also the binocular types that you look through (the LCD panel gives a flat image, the binocular optics gives you 3D).

AmScope SE400-Z

About the same price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

No rush David...No one wants hassle for you..

One day you might tell me if you have the yellow plungers :)

The company I sent the best ones to is no longer in business.  However, I do have five or six others that are not cracked.

I can send them to you if you'd like?  In the mean time I'm trying to find another 3D scanning company that will scan a

part 8mm x 10mm x 19mm long and will do it for less than $500.  Seems no one wants to (or can't) scan items that small

with any degree of accuracy.  And nothing that I have found on line for less than $5000 will scan that small either.  

David