IGNORED

TI Font!

oddemann

I am looking for TI fonts... I want to make a TI 99/4A poster for myself. Furthermore, I have been looking here, have not found the TI font in the pic I share here. I am making a template that I can add diffrent pictures to. But I want to use the original font for the TI.

Does anyone know the name of the font or even better, have the font as a didital file?

PARSEC Print1.jpg

On 5/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, RickyDean said:

There used to be a ti99 theme for windows, 95, 98, XP, had a font if I remember correctly. I'll have to see if I can dig that up tonight.

Might want to use "Dig Dug" and make a score while you're at it. Just saying...

• Haha 1

Well it's not going to be dug up for a bit anyhow I am moving files from a 4tb portable to a 6tb full size drive and don't want to interrupt the process, I was about 2/3 of the way through the process the other when my wife vacuumed and moved the keyboard, I didn't know it and sat on the board and it was going crazy, so I rebooted the machine, then found the issue. The machine rebooted and then wanted to check the 6tb drive, so I let it. Was a 2 day ordeal, then I started moving files again. Very slow a lot of html stuff. The stuff us menfolk have to deal with...oh my. Lol

On 5/20/2021 at 7:30 AM, oddemann said:

I found after some time this... So I now have 4 different ones... But NONE of them is true to the screen font. If nothing shoes up, then all 4 are better than what is in Windows.

Texas Instruments Fonts.zip 23.14 kB · 12 downloads

The title screen font is an different Font than the regular BASIC Font. It's a big version.

It can be read from the GROM.

I don't know the ttf file format internals but with some effort I might be able to generate one.

What formats could you use?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, CLBrown said:

So, a bit of a side-step on this topic, but still relevant:  Does anyone know what the CASE MARKING FONT (or fonts?) is?  I mean, if I were going to try to replicate the original markings on a console, speech  box, or so forth...  what font was used by TI for that purpose?

Have a look at Copperplate Gothic, Franklin Gothic Book, and plain old Ariel.

• Like 1