IGNORED

The mail is so SLOOOOW

rietveld

I have noticed that US to Canada is much slower than it has been .  Now that the Pandemic is passing things seem to be taking longer to make there way thru the system

My AtariMax was shipped May1 and its still showing as being in Chicago .

I ordered a C64 drive cable and its showing the same hold up at the Chicago international distrubution hub

Maybe its a Chicago thing?

Edited by rietveld

Thanks for reminding me - I completely forgot about my AtariMax parcel.  Just checked my order from 15 April and found that it went through Chicago, got sent to the Army Post Office who sent it on to Germany!!!!  Looks like someone in the APO in Germany knew what they were doing and returned it.  Now it's in New York.  That's some creative way of shipping a parcel from the US to Canada.  Who knows where they'll send it next????

So, yes it may well be a Chicago thing with your parcel.  Let's hope they don't route yours through the APO as well.

AtariMax.thumb.png.070d9445aa25daa01cb8aab351280ef8.png

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Haha 1

My AtariMaX did not travel as far as yours.  Its just been hanging out in Chicago for almost 2 weeks

May 19, 20215:34 pm
Processed Through Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 18, 20211:48 pm
Departed USPS Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 18, 20211:36 pm
Arrived at Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 16, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

May 12, 20218:06 am
Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 11, 202110:31 pm
Processed Through Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 11, 20211:50 pm
Departed USPS Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 11, 20211:50 pm
Arrived at Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 9, 20211:24 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityCHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 9, 20214:32 am
Departed USPS Regional FacilityAKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 8, 20215:38 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityAKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER,

May 8, 20214:23 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin FacilityLAKEWOOD,OH-44107

May 1, 20217:34 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting ItemLAKEWOOD,OH-44107

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

Thanks for reminding me - I completely forgot about my AtariMax parcel.  Just checked my order from 15 April and found that it went through Chicago, got sent to the Army Post Office who sent it on to Germany!!!!  Looks like someone in the APO in Germany knew what they were doing and returned it.  Now it's in New York.  That's some creative way of shipping a parcel from the US to Canada.  Who knows where they'll send it next????

So, yes it may well be a Chicago thing with your parcel.  Let's hope they don't route yours through the APO as well.

AtariMax.thumb.png.070d9445aa25daa01cb8aab351280ef8.png

That's not funny but again it is.  Boy someone goofed.  If it makes you feel any better, I had a customer's order going to Connecticut from Atlanta that went to Puerto Rico and sat there for a week.  I had to get several case managers at the USPS involved to get it moving again.  It took a little bit but they did get it moving again.  People give the usps a lot of crap and they do goof a lot but if you give em a chance, they'll try their best to get it right. That's why I keep using them.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's possible there's a labelling problem with the package, like a faulty barcode they're having problems with. What kind of label did you put on the shipping box? I usually put hand-written labels on all the packages I drop off at the post office, as a sort of backup label. As anyone who has received a package from me will attest, I have good handwriting and a good "original" label can help the postal service figure out their own processing errors.

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

It's possible there's a labelling problem with the package, like a faulty barcode they're having problems with. What kind of label did you put on the shipping box? I usually put hand-written labels on all the packages I drop off at the post office, as a sort of backup label. As anyone who has received a package from me will attest, I have good handwriting and a good "original" label can help the postal service figure out their own processing errors.

No Luc, it is about the us postal system being totally screwed up; thank you trump buddy Dejoy and your stupid ways to save money and make the post office self sustaining.

• Like 2

Just now, adamcon said:

No Luc, it is about the us postal system being totally screwed up; thank you trump buddy Dejoy and your stupid ways to save money and make the post office self sustaining.

On second thought..............Henry, contact your seller in the US and have them file a lost mail request.  In December I had to do that twice to get a shoebox sized package to get it moving to Ohio and west of Toledo.  When you file a report, someone looks and says "oh shoot, look what we found" and then they move it to the next table for awhile

1 hour ago, adamcon said:

It's not just the USPS that has issues.  I recently had a package that FedEx lost which was shipped from the UK to Canada.  With FedEx this apparently goes via New Orleans where my package got to and was never seen (scanned) again.

1 hour ago, adamcon said:

I have no doubt postal services are often to blame, but during my visits to my local post office (mainly to ship Team Pixelboy orders) I've seen packages from other people with horrible hand-writing on them. It can be so bad that I have to wonder if those packages ever make it to their destinations. It's no wonder postal services encourage the use of online forms for printing labels and customs forms, but such forms are not widely used yet.

18 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I have no doubt postal services are often to blame, but during my visits to my local post office (mainly to ship Team Pixelboy orders) I've seen packages from other people with horrible hand-writing on them. It can be so bad that I have to wonder if those packages ever make it to their destinations. It's no wonder postal services encourage the use of online forms for printing labels and customs forms, but such forms are not widely used yet.

If I remember correctly, Steve from AtariMax uses online forms and printed pre-paid labels so I doubt bad handwriting is the issue with mine and rietveld's parcels from him.

2 hours ago, adamcon said:

This^^^^... that's what I WANTED to say but was afraid I might get in trouble. ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

If I remember correctly, Steve from AtariMax uses online forms and printed pre-paid labels so I doubt bad handwriting is the issue with mine and rietveld's parcels from him.

That's exactly what I do.  Print all my labels out with a Rollo Thermal Printer and make sure I run a strip of packing tape over the center address part only and not the barcode.  Taping over the barcode too can but not always give the barcode scanner issues reading it.

58 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

While terrible hand-writing may slow down some packages, this is certainly not the reason why the USPS is suffering from terrible delivery times right now.  Every package and letter I mail has laser-printed postage and addressing, and I'm suffering the same problems as everyone else.

2 hours ago, adamcon said:

This is absolutely true, but let's not dive into politics here.  Hopefully the DeJoy problem will be fixed soon.

..Al

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, Ruggers Customs said:

People give the usps a lot of crap and they do goof a lot but if you give em a chance, they'll try their best to get it right. That's why I keep using them.:)

That's right. I had to do this 2 times this year to date. Always seems to happen near Chicago and the FoxValley sorting stations. But they did get it moving again.

I'm always impressed that when I order cheap china electronic parts and "speedpaks", that the stuff arrives very quickly. Seemingly always beating the 1-month estimates by a week or two. With USPS being the last-mile, they only two days at most.

Edited by Keatah

1 hour ago, rietveld said:
May 25, 20219:16 am
Out for DeliveryCANADA

May 25, 20217:57 am
Arrival at Post OfficeCANADA

Good to know that Canada apparently only has one post office and one delivery address :-D

Saw the same thing recently on a package that was sent to me from Spain.  I felt very privileged to be the sole recipient of mail in the US ?

52 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Good to know that Canada apparently only has one post office and one delivery address :-D

Saw the same thing recently on a package that was sent to me from Spain.  I felt very privileged to be the sole recipient of mail in the US ?

Outside of the big cities Canada is just one big forest full of maple syrup trees

We have so many maple leafs on our trees that they put one on our flag and one on our hockey team

Edited by rietveld
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rietveld said:
May 25, 20219:16 am
Out for DeliveryCANADA

May 25, 20217:57 am
Arrival at Post OfficeCANADA

Oh you lucky man.  Mine has since been bounced from New York to Cleveland and then a 50 mile jump south to Akron.  Where will it end up next I wonder?  It's now nearly 6 weeks since it was shipped!!!  I guess they're afraid for it to enter the singular realm of Canada in case it gets lost amongst all those maple trees.

Untitled.thumb.png.b3a3fdc821969a2da020a9eeed0c8998.png

Edited by Ikrananka

14 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Oh you lucky man.  Mine has since been bounced from New York to Cleveland and then a 50 mile jump south to Akron.  Where will it end up next I wonder?  It's now nearly 6 weeks since it was shipped!!!  I guess they're afraid for it to enter the singular realm of Canada in case it gets lost amongst all those maple trees.

Delivery status

Delivered
Origin
Lakewood, OH

Delivered.svg
Delivered

Edited by rietveld
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I hear that there's a shortage of square tyres.  Makes it hard to bring a delivery vehicle into Canada from the 'States.

2 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

Unfortunately I think that this means it is being returned to the sender. Might want to reach out to let them know its coming back.

I was able to try out the AtariMAX after work yesterday.   It is awesome when paired with the SGM.

My 5 top buys for the ADAM so far are the AtariMax cart, MIB238, CF IDE card, SGM, and the ADE  .   

These 5 devices have brought new life to my Adam

I know the IDE hard drive is redundant with the use of the ADE and AtariMax but i always wanted a harddrive back in the day but it was so un affordable  as a teenager in the 80s

Edited by rietveld