IGNORED

My Software Library: A Preservation Effort

It is not 'gaming expertise' . It is expertise with Atari ST, Falcon etc. With HW, ASM programming, and especially with TOS. I do not play games much. I do programming for better gaming, where big part is TOS and it's modifications - since about 2009.

And I did not say that image of Premium Soccer is not usable. I pointed on concrete error - file DESKTOP.INF with serious error - length 0.

Funny thing is that this happens right in days when I worked a lot right about doing changes in DESKTOP.INF file, for easier gaming - thread called 1K3 games ... Couple times error in code, during development made same thing - it became 0 length, and of course effect was same. And to add, that  can happen only when disk is not write protected.   I apologize to everyone I corrected - that's is when people say 'I hate that I'm always in right' - not because being right, because people reacts on constructive critic so poorly and stubborn that it really makes whole thing PITA.  And when see errors like this about so simple things like screen res.  - losing all motivation, and better would be to just don't care. I don't deserve such reactions - I trying to make things better. Because level of what I usually experience here and overall is really low. Relative to some, in my opinion min level that someone should have in forums when dares to reply on some technical question.

8 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

It is not 'gaming expertise' . It is expertise with Atari ST, Falcon etc. With HW, ASM programming, and especially with TOS. I do not play games much. I do programming for better gaming, where big part is TOS and it's modifications - since about 2009.

And I did not say that image of Premium Soccer is not usable. I pointed on concrete error - file DESKTOP.INF with serious error - length 0.

Funny thing is that this happens right in days when I worked a lot right about doing changes in DESKTOP.INF file, for easier gaming - thread called 1K3 games ... Couple times error in code, during development made same thing - it became 0 length, and of course effect was same. And to add, that  can happen only when disk is not write protected.   I apologize to everyone I corrected - that's is when people say 'I hate that I'm always in right' - not because being right, because people reacts on constructive critic so poorly and stubborn that it really makes whole thing PITA.  And when see errors like this about so simple things like screen res.  - losing all motivation, and better would be to just don't care. I don't deserve such reactions - I trying to make things better. Because level of what I usually experience here and overall is really low. Relative to some, in my opinion min level that someone should have in forums when dares to reply on some technical question.

Regarding PITA, I have to agree with you there. I bought my first ST about 6 years ago. Never had one before, but I am learning.  I will try to do what I can when I can, but when it comes to the tech, I will leave it to the experts, such as yourself, until I know better.

I really appreciate you being around to able to educate us, or should I say me.

19 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Regarding PITA, I have to agree with you there. I bought my first ST about 6 years ago. Never had one before, but I am learning. 

You are doing an excellent job, and we are all grateful for your preservation effort. There is quite some rare stuff here, especially for all the utilities and application that are rarely preserved.

• Like 2

This is great to see so many images, with disk photos, among which are some unknown (at least I did not see images anywhere) ones.

But must say that forum like this is not ideal place for it. So, I hope that people working on hosting Atari ST floppy images will use this chance and copy things on their sites.  Simply - search for some SW is usually made on such sites, not in forums.

I received my compatible SuperCard Pro Drive and have started to use it.  I am finding that testing is easier to check it on Steem SSE, so I started playing with it and found the hard drive image support lacking/difficult to get started.  I have not found a utility to create images at certain sizes so I made my own images.

I do not know how helpful these will be, but it sure would have saved me a ton of time.

hddrdemo.zip

Floppy (.st) with the demo version of HDDriver on it.

1 GIG HD ACSI for Steem SSE - TOS 1.04 - TeraDesk.zip 

Boots right into Teradesk using the demo version of HDDriver and has some useful utilities.  Replace the Demo version of HDDriver with your own Hard disk Driver and drive D will no longer be "physically write-protected". Utilities included: XControl.ACC, LHArc, STZip, SpeedCheck, SysInfo, YAART.TOS, YARTTT.TOS.

1 GIG HD ACSI for Steem SSE - Formatted - TOS 1.04.zip

Empty 1 gig drive ready for your Hard Disk Driver and partitioning.

1 GIG HD ACSI for Steem SSE - Formatted and Partitioned - Tos 1.04, 2 partitions.zip

Empty 1 gig drive ready for your Hard Disk Driver.  Partitioned in two TOS 1.04 partitions.

29 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

Blood Money disk picture only. Not able to Archive.

What exactly do you mean by not being able to archive? Creating the images fails or you just can't verify the image under Steem? If the latter, then post the SCP image anyway, probably it requires a special configuration. And even if it fails because, say, some sector is damaged, it still could be useful because sometimes damaged sectors can be recovered from this low level images.

7 minutes ago, ijor said:

What exactly do you mean by not being able to archive? Creating the images fails or you just can't verify the image under Steem? If the latter, then post the SCP image anyway, probably it requires a special configuration. And even if it fails because, say, some sector is damaged, it still could be useful because sometimes damaged sectors can be recovered from this low level images.

OK, I can do that.  I will explain why it fails along with the post.

Just now, SoulBuster said:

OK, I can do that.  I will explain why it fails along with the post.

Ok, please post all the images you "couldn't archive", probably most of them are ok they just might need a special configuration. And again, even a non working low level image is very useful. Also, if you can, please post images even if they are present at Atarimania. Not all Atarimania images are 100%, and many titles were published in multiple versions. And even if it is exactly the same version, multiple dumps are useful to confirm and verify the image.

Thanks a lot once again!

5 minutes ago, ijor said:

Ok, please post all the images you "couldn't archive", probably most of them are ok they just might need a special configuration. And again, even a non working low level image is very useful. Also, if you can, please post images even if they are present at Atarimania. Not all Atarimania images are 100%, and many titles were published in multiple versions. And even if it is exactly the same version, multiple dumps are useful to confirm and verify the image.

Thanks a lot once again!

OK just post everything then.

• Like 1