IGNORED

Questions of a possible returner

MausR

With only an RF cable i can see nothing on my digital tv's. Think this is because of that, he will beep and there is a something that could be a picture.

1st question: after looking on the picture, is there enouph space to place a sophia 2 without soldering/de-soldering the RAM extension?

2nd question: is there someone in the EU who sell's new Sophia2? Only seeing it at thebrewingacademy.

In the end, there should be an U1MB fjc version with a SIDE3 also fjc version. I know that all add-ons has to go for this.

Normaly i would write to the ABBUC but their side are down, to ask if they know someone. in the 80s and 90s our club in bremen had a friendly contact to them.

800XL_Board.jpg

Errrm,

afaik the creator+seller of the Sophia 2 is from Poland and Poland = EU. Contact to Simius should be available thru AA forum or pm via AA. Quoting Simius from this topic (post #368) "The second batch is not over yet. There are still a couple dozen left. If someone would like to buy, let me know on a PM." 

But if you are looking for a seller from Germany, you may contact tf_hh, quite often he has some third-party A8 hardware available (not only his own hardware). Simply write him an E-Mail and ask him if he has Sophia-2 or U1MB, SIDE-3 available at the moment.

If Juergen does not have this A8 hardware available, you can simply order a U1MB and SIDE-3 from Lotharek's webshop. Here are some direct links:

https://www.lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=246

https://www.lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=143

Allthough the Abbuc webpage is down, the club is still alive and kicking with 550+ members. You can always contact the Abbuc boss Sascha Kriegel, if you have some A8 related questions or contact the Abbuc Rechnerservice (that's tf_hh).

9 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello Andreas, MausR

If you want to order from Simius, he prefers it if you do so via a private message.

BTW MausR, have a look at my Atari 8 bit meetings page.

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy,

When I click on the link you provided, McAfee say that the link has been compromised and someone is monitoring that link.

Then McAfee say it is not safe and won't let me continue to the site.  You're not trying to steal all my super high level Atari A8

secrets are you?

David 

7 hours ago, DavidMil said:

Mathy,

When I click on the link you provided, McAfee say that the link has been compromised and someone is monitoring that link.

Then McAfee say it is not safe and won't let me continue to the site.  You're not trying to steal all my super high level Atari A8

secrets are you?

David 

His site is simply using a self signed cert for HTTPS - I assume that is why McAfee is complaining.

McAfee and my browser can't verify his sites certificate with the usual cert authorities, since none of them signed it - i.e. it's self-signed.

Obviously a self-signed cert wouldn't fly in a banking site, but it's probably harmless on a hobby site.

@Mathy might want to look into seeing if he can get a "Let's Encrypt" SSL Cert installed on his site - that would probably satisfy McAfee and browsers that do cert checking.

Hello Bill

1 hour ago, BillC said:

... not on the website @Mathy linked.

MausR is from Germany, that's why I linked to my meetings site.  And that's why I used "BTW".

Sincerely

Mathy

PS that doesn't mean people from other countries aren't welcome!

1 minute ago, Mathy said:

Hello Bill

MausR is from Germany, that's why I linked to my meetings site.  And that's why I used "BTW".

Sincerely

Mathy

PS that doesn't mean people from other countries aren't welcome!

I thought he was under the impression that he needed to go thru your site to PM Simius, instead of via Atariage.

Sorry, just waiting that my Sophia2 arrived.

I'm waiting to see a picture after 12 years. Have to wait but can't wait.

Question: On the first picture ther are som cable to a swith. there are 2 i know. One is for the High Chip, but the other one. Could it be part of a freezer? I have never used this switch. In a corner of my brain it say there must be a disk, but can't find.

Some knows from a freezer like that? 

Edited by MausR