IGNORED

Final name for SDD 99

ralphb

SDD 99 Final Name  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What final name should the SDD 99 get?

• SDD 99 -- It's the established name, although it stricly refers to the disk peripheral only, not the whole thing
    • FlashPEB / FinalPEB -- To keep the theme established by the previous boards, also more accurate and sounds like the other xxxPEBs
    • ARMedPEB -- A bit of a nerdy joke, but the main controller is made by ARM, and doesn't "armed" mean fully loaded?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I Like and voted FinalPEB (but also Flash could be good) so also to have a Flash/FinalGROM99 reference always made by you.
I wouldn't use any other strange names.
At the limit, I would leave SDD99 that many have already learned it and it doesn't confuse anything. :) 

As it has a ARM processor how about

ARMBOX                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.magie-martprod.com%2Fen%2Ftri-section-haut-de-gamme-xml-178-3385.html&psig=AOvVaw2rU7pzpSiPB_H5BSudL9IE&ust=1622053260774000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPCfsLW55fACFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ

For me a PEB is what it has been designed by TI: a versatile peripheral expansion box, full of slots, permitting to receive all kind of cards, past, present and future. The SSD99 is different, it's a multi function card, embedding features, past and new. Just a thought.
I've chosen SDD99 because since the beginning we used to name it thereby. And I like it ?

Edited by fabrice montupet
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, GDMike said:

PEB21 there could be another in our future one day.

Very true ... This speaks against the name "FinalPEB".

But then naming the multi-cart FinalGROM was not hubris, but meant tongue-in-cheek, and there was a precedent. ?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

So, to wrap this up, FinalPEB/FlashPEB leads with one vote over SDD 99.

I would've hoped for a clear result, but given the almost tie, I'll see what it would mean to change the name to Final/FlashPEB.  After all, I'd have to change all the layouts with the name in it.

So stay tuned for the final name!

• Like 3