IGNORED

Colecovision Database List (May 25, 2021)

slydc

Hi folks!

After updating my old Colecovision list for the past five months in my spare times, i have finally completed it!

Of course since we are all humans, there will be a few errors so hoping that if you find one or more), to post it here.

And please, don't ask for any ROMS in the list, as there is many commercials games still available and i respect all

their hard work to bring us so many new homebrews in the last 2 decades (and still going!).

But if you wanna see a video of a specific ROM, then i'll gladly do it.Just for fun, i have uploaded a few Colecovision

videos of demos ans games never released/available (or almost to my knowledge). Go take a peek here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SlyDC/playlists

And i also invite you to take a peek at the Colecovision list, thanks! ;)

- Sly -

Colecovision Database List-May-25-2021.xlsx

• Like 2

Yes i have, in fact if i remember while verifying all the roms i have accumulated over the past 20 years,

that i have two version of Biplane which the first version is listed in the list (26.1k version) and the second

one has 26.3k, which i renamed "Biplane-2.rom" as this version is less playable than the first version as

we only see crashes and heard a lot of explosions.

But how i obtain them is a mystery to me as even myself discovered that i had a lot of roms that i even

didn't know i had until recently when doing the list. Think i've went thru over 5,000 Colecovisions roms

i have (multiple copies, many different versions, etc).

I even have copies of Kill Barney On Mars and Killer Instinct 2 which Amy (Daniel) thought were lost in oblivion!

Just to say that i consider myself lucky to still have all these copies intact after multiple (more than 10) hard

disk failures and retrieve them from dead hard disks and old CDR's back-up (even some few were unreadable

after all these years).

And thanks, it was a heck of a job to verify & catalog each roms. I did the same a few months ago for the

Vectrex (see FB Vectrex Fans United group).

And continue the great work you're doing and i very like Mr.Turtles as i wanted that game when i was a kid,

now it's a dream come true! :)

- Sly -

• Like 1

La grande chiasse 5 ?? A fantastic game ?? LLLOOLLLLLL!!!!!

Well, if it didn't had a bit of gameplay (driving/dodging and shooting), i would

have classified it as a demo only. Still, good for a laugh or two! ;)

- Sly -

Have you seen this Database which is maintained by Ikrananka and picked up where I left off with my plain text list?

Also, I don't consider CAT S.O.S. and Energy Quiz to be Prototypes as you have them listed. They are complete games that were developed and made available in extremely small quantities specifically for Caterpillar and ?Energy, Mines & Resouces, Canada?.

Hi NIAD,

Yes i did see Ikrananka list and yours but only compared them with mine to see if i was missing any information.

I started my list based on Andrew Krieg Colecovision list years ago (same for all the other classics consoles)

and i started to change the format from TXT to XLSX last year. Both your lists were very helpful, thanks! :)

Well, CAT S.O.S. and Energy Quiz were made back in the 80's and both weren't sold on the market back then.

I remember that Toby (Coleco_Master) at a CCJVQ reunion that he told me and Daniel he had Energy Quiz and that

he sold it to another collector. I asked him if he dumped the content but he didn't know how to do it or knew
anyone who could do it back then.

And after many years, Toby finally brought it back and was dumped not long after and CollectorVision sold a few

of them. So for me, they are prototypes, finished or not, as they weren't put on the market back then.

As far Toby (or anyone else here), only one copy of Energy Quiz exists (and not counting the recent re-editions/copies).

I may not very active (more a zombie...lol) on any forums but i still out there...somewhere... ;)

Indeed, CAT S.O.S. and Energy Quiz are a grey area when trying to classify them in lists such as the ones that we have worked on respectively. they would probably be best classified in their own section such as "Custom Commissioned" or something of that ilk, but I never choose to do so and decided to add a NOTE to pass along as much information as possible.

Very familiar with you/SlyDC. ?

Same here! And you're THE pillar of the Coleco ADAM/Colecovision community! ;)

I was thinking of renaming the checklist to "AtariMax Ultimate Colecovision ROM List" as it is

now more fitting since i only list the: Title, Author/Publisher, Year, Rom size and sometime Info,

Manual and Overlay section, and that i have used the list to put ROMs on my AtariMax Ultimate

SD cart.

And i just discovered that the CollectorVision Phoenix files on GitHub has four ROMS inside the

master zip file: x3 are Test ROMS and the other is a multicart rom(?)

* JOYTST.rom (32k) - 201x by ???

* SGMTST.rom (32k) - 2018 by Silicon Sex.

* WGSTST.rom (32k) - 2018 by Silicon Sex.

* multcart,rom (16k) - 2020 by ???

They all work in Colecovision emulators but haven't tried them yet on the AtariMax cart.

The Joystick Test rom is very basic, just a simple 0 or 1 to tell if it's working. The SGM test rom

only displays "7F  BIOS/RAM SWITCH  PASS" on the CollCV and "BAD" on the VColeco emu.

The WSG Test is a tone generator test rom and the last (multcart.rom) only displays "Error.......reset".

Does any knows more about these test roms ?

I haven't checked, but does your the data in your "Legacy" sheet match up with those in my "Commercial Releases" project?

Also, just in case you didn't know, but my commercial releases rom package download includes a "Phoenix-AtariMax ROM Set" that has been renamed and reorganised for ease of use with the Phoenix or an AtariMax.  Could cause some confusion with your proposed database rename.

I'd suggest not using "AtariMax Ultimate" in your new name as in theory the rom list is also applicable to the Phoenix and any emulator.  So perhaps just more simply rename it to "Colecovision ROM List" or perhaps "The Definitive ColecoVision ROM List".

Wasn't aware of those roms in the Phoenix GitHub.  Very interesting.....  Hopefully someone like Brian can shed some light on these.

Oh, I also wanted to thank you for putting this list together and for sharing it.  There are quite a few roms I was totally unaware of so it's been quite enlightening.  If you don't mind I'll use your list as a guide to not only organising my own homebrew/test roms but also for updating the roms listing in the Collector's List.

Hi Ikrananka,

Humm...good question! I'll have to check with your commercial released if both your and mine (legacy) matches.

Ok, for now i won't rename it and when i'll do, it won't have "Phoenix" or "AtariMax" in the title so they won't be any

confusion. And thanks! No problem if you (or anyone) wanna use my list, that's what is for in the first place. Just glad

it's useful. ;)