IGNORED

CC9900 CorComp Floppy Disk Controller & FinalGrom99

gferluga

Dear all:

Do you know if the CC9900 CorComp Floppy Disk Controller and the FinalGrom99 cart are compatible?

As soon I select that cart, the system is freezing...

Btw, where could I find a DSK image of the original CC file manager?

Thanks in advance to all.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 21.17.46 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 21.17.46.jpeg

Edited by gferluga

Has anyone checked the compatibility of a CorComp with the MG EPROMs? I thought one of the reasons that Miller's Graphics created the EPROM was that the originsl CoCormp FDC took control of the system at start up. The MG EPROMs, I think, removed it.

(Further edit)

Yep - the MG EPROMs remove the CorComp Title screen which causes lockup problems with some cartridges according to my notes. If you are interested, I can supply the MG EPROMs. 

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atrax27407 said:

Has anyone checked the compatibility of a CorComp with the MG EPROMs? I thought one of the reasons that Miller's Graphics created the EPROM was that the originsl CoCormp FDC took control of the system at start up. The MG EPROMs, I think, removed it.

(Further edit)

Yep - the MG EPROMs remove the CorComp Title screen which causes lockup problems with some cartridges according to my notes. If you are interested, I can supply the MG EPROMs. 

They're slightly different.  Gazoo modified the sidecar versions for me.

Original thread here: 

9900ces-DSR-no-autostart.bin

• Like 3

That is one that a bunch put together at a Chicago Fair a few years ago. I think Tony, Jon Guidry and maybe one or two others put it together. After they completed the code, I  think it was Jon who came by my table and asked me to burn a copy for them to test. It worked and I kept a copy. I have those available as well. 

Edited by atrax27407

• 2 months later...

I have a question somewhat related and I’ll bet I need the MG eprom to solve this.  If I insert a RAM card into the PEB it is not the startup of the system but rather the CC9900 screen as shown. If I’d rather start up to the RAM card what are the steps, solutions to ‘see’ the HRD first?

1106E2BB-6F74-44EA-BA38-5BB218D58240.jpeg

3 hours ago, NewcomerTI said:

I have a question somewhat related and I’ll bet I need the MG eprom to solve this.  If I insert a RAM card into the PEB it is not the startup of the system but rather the CC9900 screen as shown. If I’d rather start up to the RAM card what are the steps, solutions to ‘see’ the HRD first?

1106E2BB-6F74-44EA-BA38-5BB218D58240.jpeg

you need the mg eeprom,   hummingbird eproms ftw

5 minutes ago, NewcomerTI said:

Where can one get the eprom?  Is the eprom right on the corcomp CC9900 board that needs replaced? I looked on arcade shopper to see if these EPROMs can be purchased there but didn’t see them.

they are there.. https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/store/#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497082

On 8/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, NewcomerTI said:

I see them now, in software, I was looking in hardware.  Can I add this to an order that I placed earlier this evening? Order # 2594?  I ordered 4 items then.

yes just choose 'add to previous order' in shipping on a new order

I then place the order with https://atariage.com/forums/profile/25993-atrax27407/ who ships the items out ..  you can also order from him directly 

Greg