IGNORED

GameDrive not booting

Just got my gamedrive and have been having some issues with it. Initially i had to power off and power on my jaguar several times just to get the gamedrive to boot. I have a BJL chip on my jaguar, and when i try loading a rom it takes me back to the bjl menu. I figured i would try upgrading the firmware on it, but when i tried updating i got an error (don't recall the exact verbage, but it had something to do it failing to flash) Tried a few times and same thing happened. I powered it up again, and was on the BJL menu, and forgot to power it off and removed the microsd to try copying the firmware file again. I can't get it to work at all now, when i power my jaguar on with the gd plugged in it stays on the bjl menu screen for a second or so then the screen goes blank and i can't do anything.

Other carts work just fine on jag. Did i hose he gamedrive cart? Could the BJL chip be the cause of my issues?

@SainT i replaced my BJL bios chip with a legit jaguar bios and it seems to boot up fine and play games. The gamedrive is giving me some problems still. When i boot my jaguar up with the gamedrive cart inserted, I get a blank screen partway through the jaguar logo animation. Any ideas?

I took a video of what it's doing, none of my other games do this.

ezgif-4-1d8660207115.gif.d534d80cfc2e62b070d61fb3c5260538.gif

Edited by _shameless_
added video

More details provided and followed up in PM thread as well, but for anyone else reading -- the cart should not boot to the Jaguar logo at all. It is setup to boot directly to the RetroHQ logo. If it boots to the Jaguar logo it is not reading the boot ROM on the cart correctly, either a dirty cart edge / connector or an issue with the actual data on the FLASH or even damage to the cart.