IGNORED

"Dodger" for Final Grom conversion & Emulators

Retrospect

DODGER.zip

Zip file contains a small manual, EA5 files and XB Fiad file.

Guide Roger the Dodger over a busy road, climb the spider infested wall, and swim the river to get to the flashing arrows.

Game has funny music and animations.  Give it a whirl and you'll like it.  :)   

Some notes about the game;

You get an extra life every 1000 points 

There's a time limit of 30 seconds to get to an Arrow.  The closer the timer gets to zero , the faster the arrows flash.  

Roger can be surprisingly speedy along the road but he's slower in the water!

Traffic & monsters increase in speed as well as number , the more levels you reach.

You can wrap around the screen.

Title screen has "attract" screen if you wait a few moments.

The game was written using Harry Wilhelm's XB256 and the Compiler.  Try it , it's fantastic!

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 18

21 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Nicely done with great attention to detail as usual. I do hate that river though...

Thankyou Walid :)

Oh yes the river gets difficult past screen 3, on screen 4 I usually die there!  By screen 4 though, you'll be getting the extra life (every 1000 points) so that might help with loads more practice :)

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Very nice with responsive controls and great sound.

Thankyou Rasmus

I was aiming for a kind of Tuba effect for the music.  :)  I thought it suited the comedy gameplay.
Also to note; the character patterns are updated "on the fly" rather than kept in the pattern sets.  There's a variable that increments from 1 to 2 and points to a specific set of lines to update the patterns that way.  

• Like 1

So, how do I get it into bin format to load with a Final GROM 99 for instance? This can supposedly be done using the E/A, but since I not not very experienced with assembly language on the TI, I could use instructions or may be even a link to converted files? Actually instructions would be perfect if they are detailed enough so I can follow and see how it's done. I do a fair amount of assembly, just not on the TI.

3 hours ago, Barry Nelson said:

So, how do I get it into bin format to load with a Final GROM 99 for instance? This can supposedly be done using the E/A, but since I not not very experienced with assembly language on the TI, I could use instructions or may be even a link to converted files? Actually instructions would be perfect if they are detailed enough so I can follow and see how it's done. I do a fair amount of assembly, just not on the TI.

https://www.ti99-geek.nl/Modules/modcreate/modcreate.htm

OR 

May be an image of text that says 'Home File Edit View Sign Window Help Tools Classic99 Manual.pdf 71.4% 7.5 Save Memory Program This option vailable when the emulator following dialog made avallable: Memary paused for Breakpoint. When selected, the 379Bark-SwitchedCopy HighRAy LoadChar 3(Defaul) Bud Various options Cancel types dynamically for each the vanous save types. These save types and available. A000 expansion runs racking >3FFF default, RAM memory Program you use the you change the other utility, must provides program. SLOAD, SFIRST, they abelst SAVE' Unlike you you the READ DEFS need have Page'

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

OMG. Yesterday I tried to land on the crocodiles. About 10 attempts. No joy. Today it occurred to me, that one might swim. Ha. ?

NO SWIMMING!  It clearly says so!!  Also, no running, dancing, or singing!

• Haha 3

On 5/28/2021 at 12:46 AM, sometimes99er said:

OMG. Yesterday I tried to land on the crocodiles. About 10 attempts. No joy. Today it occurred to me, that one might swim. Ha. ?

Yeah I initially thought you could land on them when their mouths were closed a la Pitfall and kept dying. Assumptions can be very tricky... I think I sent Retrospect several choice curses during that process. Apologies my friend ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3