IGNORED

Putt 18 Can Be Pretty Damned Mean (review)

Cousin Vinnie

12 hours ago, Mayhem said:

When was this released? I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned or sold before, and I don't own it, and I had pretty much everything homebrew for the 7800 at one time.

The game was released in 2020 by video 61 like it was already mentioned.

There are 2 reasons why this game wasn't mentioned much. The first problem is the programmer was banned here on Atariage in 2019. He was banned after decided to create sock puppets accounts after being warned not to with them being shill accounts. Even before he banned, those games were going to be release on Video 61 instead of Atariage and meant those not going to get great recognition to begin with since Atariage  gets more views for homebrew games on youtube than Peter Myer's youtube videos does. 

The game was mentioned here 2 times at least though in 2020. Dauber created a feedback thread on the game in 2020, but it ended up locked. 

The game also was on the list part of this thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301937-atari-7800-homebrew-completedwip-in-2020/

• Like 1

Cheers... yeah with a daughter, my time to peruse is less, and missed anyone posting that it was up for sale at Video61. Hey ho, I halted buying 7800 homebrew anyhow due to time and costs, and didn't get Ricki & Vicki either.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Dauber said:

I posted about it a while back asking for reviews for my podcast. But rather than talk about the game, people were bashing the developer and my thread ended up being locked. (Thanks, folks. Really helps.)

I would never bash the developer.Put 18 is a really good Minigolf game ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dauber said:

I posted about it a while back asking for reviews for my podcast. But rather than talk about the game, people were bashing the developer and my thread ended up being locked. (Thanks, folks. Really helps.)

Sorry to hear that.  Some carry a grudge for a LONG time. DBM.  The game is good.  The yardstick I use is Antic/XLEnt's Miniature Golf Plus by David Plotkin, always a great game.   As for bashing the developer, all that is before my time.   They simply hate the guy, don't know why.  

29 minutes ago, Dauber said:

DUDE....have you played Ninja Golf? I don't like golf. I don't like ninjas. But Ninja Golf?? Oh...mah...GAH!

Totally with you! Ninja Golf is one of my all-time favorite 7800 games. I purchased this CIB years ago, when I first started collecting for the 7800. Great game?

327700F6-90C9-4F83-9648-5A58E818B333.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shawn said:

If this was a 2600 title it wouldn't be too bad. As a 7800 title? It falls far below my minimum expectations out of a game I would spend money on.

So maybe a graphic hack on the title screen with dual pokey?

I found the perfect game music. 

2 hours ago, Jinks said:

So maybe a graphic hack on the title screen with dual pokey?

I found the perfect game music. 

POKEY is overrated for the most part IMO but the total layout and graphical presentation of this game is substandard for a 7800 game.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

POKEY is overrated for the most part IMO but the total layout and graphical presentation of this game is substandard for a 7800 game.

all Pete's games are substandard on the 7800...

The guy only just wants to make a quick buck translating his 8bit games with little touches here and there because he sees a "market" for this console

On 8/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, Aking said:

all Pete's games are substandard on the 7800...

The guy only just wants to make a quick buck translating his 8bit games with little touches here and there because he sees a "market" for this console

And that is why he (and his sock-puppet accounts) is banned from AtariAge. Another big strike against all those games made by video 61 is the crap quality labels, manuals and "boxes". It's like they don't even care to try or just don't care to do better. That sort of presentation was ok in the early 2000's when better printing, die cutting, etc. was out of reach financially for the hobbyist and small business, but not anymore.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

And that is why he (and his sock-puppet accounts) is banned from AtariAge.

No, the only reason he was banned was because he kept creating new accounts, which he'd then use to post in the same threads he was posting in using his main account. He'd use these additional accounts to go after his critics and/or post positively about his projects. He was given numerous warnings to stop with this behavior, but after doing this over a period of years I finally had enough and permanently banned him. 

..Al

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, Albert said:

He'd use these additional accounts to go after his critics and/or post positively about his projects.

..Al

That is what I was trying to say. That positive alternate account posting and promoting did so to drum up sales, as the previous poster mentioned too. :)