Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico one-of-a-kind signed Amico Dev Kit shell for charity auction!

Hi Folks,

I wanted to make this it's own thread here in hopes that more people will see it. 

After successfully helping to raise thousands of dollars for CHOC through Intellivision (which I know some of the folks in here helped out with!), we were approached to donate something cool as an auction item to help raise more money for the CHOC Foundation (Children's Hospital). 

I thought this would be pretty cool.  It just went live!

It's a one-of-a-kind Amico Dev Kit shell signed by some of the Intellivision team members that helped to create it.

Will be interesting to see how much it will end up raising for charity.  Someone is going to get a pretty cool one-of-a-kind collectors item.

Anyone want to make a guess on how much it will end up going for??

The auction ends on June 12th.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/lzg/i/_Auction/e2IN/

• Like 4

Well since it's for charity I could see it going up to about $750.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Folks,

I wanted to make this it's own thread here in hopes that more people will see it. 

After successfully helping to raise thousands of dollars for CHOC through Intellivision (which I know some of the folks in here helped out with!), we were approached to donate something cool as an auction item to help raise more money for the CHOC Foundation (Children's Hospital). 

I thought this would be pretty cool.  It just went live!

It's a one-of-a-kind Amico Dev Kit shell signed by some of the Intellivision team members that helped to create it.

Will be interesting to see how much it will end up raising for charity.  Someone is going to get a pretty cool one-of-a-kind collectors item.

Anyone want to make a guess on how much it will end up going for??

The auction ends on June 12th.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/lzg/i/_Auction/e2IN/

How does the shell of a dev kit differ from the shell of a retail console? Could someone fairly easily swap out the shell of their retail Amico for this?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swami said:

How does the shell of a dev kit differ from the shell of a retail console? Could someone fairly easily swap out the shell of their retail Amico for this?

It's just different colors (not final plastics, finishes, etc.).

Yeah, someone could take the shell and put it on a retail Amico... although they had to glue down the "ON/OFF" button because there is no board inside this one.

:)

In less than 24 hours it's already at $1,114!!!

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 2:50 AM, SegaSnatcher said:

Cool to see this, I'm all for charity.   Since you asked, my guess would be around $2,000.  

I'm thinking $1500. Not sure how big of a push there would be towards the end. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, MrBeefy said:

I'm thinking $1500. Not sure how big of a push there would be towards the end. 

Most bids would come in the last day unless it's already too high. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Juice said:

Most bids would come in the last day unless it's already too high. 

That's what I would expect for an ebay type auction. Not sure this will work the same. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Juice said:

If we're going by Price is Right rules I'm still winning

Ah you are the $1 type of bidder. It looks stagnant so by those rules are are winning!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, Juice said:

If we're going by Price is Right rules I'm still winning

It just needs $15!

21 hours ago, justclaws said:

There is still time... don't forget, it ends tomorrow. 

image.thumb.png.9ddbecb2271622e4234c3fa607a876df.png

Yeah!  It's pretty amazing that it's the 2nd highest item in the entire auction! 

The only thing that is doing better is a Frank Pierce (Warcraft designer) signed Warcraft III statue from his personal collection. 

Great auction for a great cause!  So glad that Intellivision is one of the big fundraisers for this auction!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Sold around close to what I predicted.  Nice

Good guess. Who was the winner? Did it say on the auction?

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 9:40 PM, MrBeefy said:

Good guess. Who was the winner? Did it say on the auction?

Tony tgd was the winner. Good for him, he must have a big heart afterall. He's done more for sick kids than probably anyone in the community. Cheers to him and bless him🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Juice said:

Tony tgd was the winner. Good for him, he must have a big heart afterall. He's done more for sick kids than probably anyone in the community. Cheers to him and bless him🙏

Looks like it went for a chunk higher than I thought! Great news for the charity! Fun stuff.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Juice said:

That's awesome- definitely going to a good cause.  Good on Tony :)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2021 at 3:46 AM, Juice said:

Yes, very big contribution, from an ordinary guy who's unlikely be be a millionaire.
He also made a big personal contribution to DJC's [correction] Atari Creep's campaign to raise money for Alzheimer's charity, a while back.

I hope that something more comes from this too, another positive step down the line.

Personally, I'd love to see people donate the parts necessary to make it a full Amico, after release, and then see
the whole completed unit get some more signatures, and then exhibitions rights be auctioned off again (for charity).
Tony could retain ownership, but let the full unit circulate perhaps between locations, picking up signatures over time!

I'd certainly pay to donate a controller, to go with it, in that situation, if I could.

Edited by justclaws
Atari Creep, not DJC.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Does anyone know if the transaction completed yet?

I don't think it has yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, themewsh said:

Release the shell!

Is it being held hostage or something?

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Is it being held hostage or something?

The shell has neither confirmed nor denied it is under duress, so for the sake of the shell's safety we must operate under hostage protocol!

Nah, I have no idea, but #releasetheshell is funny.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, themewsh said:

The shell has neither confirmed nor denied it is under duress, so for the sake of the shell's safety we must operate under hostage protocol!

Nah, I have no idea, but #releasetheshell is funny.

Have you asked it to blink twice?

• Haha 2