IGNORED

Which Will Come Out First Poll

First To Come Out Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which will make it to market first?

• Analogue Pocket
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
    • Intellivision Amico
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
    • Playdate
    • Polymega
  2. 2. Which will make it to market last?

• Analogue Pocket
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
    • Intellivision Amico
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
    • Playdate
    • Polymega

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:40 PM

Gonna say Analogue Pocket, although I think the Switch Pro will be within a month of it.  

Checking off Polymega as "never".  

I really could do without these wannabe console CEOs wasting all our time.  Hopefully when the current batch finally fails, maybe this trend will be over.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Gonna say Analogue Pocket, although I think the Switch Pro will be within a month of it.  

Checking off Polymega as "never".  

I really could do without these wannabe console CEOs wasting all our time.  Hopefully when the current batch finally fails, maybe this trend will be over.  

Yeah the Polymega is kind of looking bleak. 

There will always be CEOs who waste time if there are people who keep falling for the same things.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah the Polymega is kind of looking bleak. 

There will always be CEOs who waste time if there are people who keep falling for the same things.

I'm just astonished that people keep falling for it when what's being offered is neither new nor unique.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

I'm just astonished that people keep falling for it when what's being offered is neither new nor unique.  

I think some people just don't take the time to research what is out there.

I had avoided getting a Switch for the longest time and wish I had gotten one sooner. I love all the Mario stuff but didn't really know much about how good it is for indie games. 

• Like 3

Kind of guessed on the last, pretty certain on the first (Switch Pro) as it's basically a known unknown at this rate given the wrath of Nintendo and their NDAs.  My brother works for one of their licensed third parties and I was told some about the thing in generalities last year, and it would make sense not to kill excellent sales, but also to not put something like that out when people are having mental breakdowns and panic attacks over the virus too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

Do y'all think the Atari VCS will actually get a general release, or will it be stuck for those who preordered and forever scalped on eBay?

If they can't do a general release right, they would probably be better off being quiet and hope people forget the whole thing.

Some are thinking Amico is going to have a small release to get consoles out to those initial backers much like the VCS did. It looks like they might be delaying for the third time and want to get something out there to not lose steam.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

Do y'all think the Atari VCS will actually get a general release, or will it be stuck for those who preordered and forever scalped on eBay?

I think they'll have a very small general release, fill the preorders, maybe a couple units extra.

Personally I think they'd be smart to do a retail run of those controllers, but who knows.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, themewsh said:

I think they'll have a very small general release, fill the preorders, maybe a couple units extra.

Personally I think they'd be smart to do a retail run of those controllers, but who knows.

I wouldn't mind having the classic joystick for Stella, but a one trick controller isn't appealing either. Maybe if the paddle part worked well enough. Maybe PowerA can still release them?

• Like 2

So this is what I found on current slotted release dates.

Analogue Pocket - October 2021

Blaze Evercade Vs - November 3rd 2021

Intellivision Amico - October 10, 2021

Nintendo Switch Pro - rumors September 2021

Playdate - 2021

Polymega - 2021?

• Like 2

Well so far looks like the majority believe the next version of the Switch will come out first and that the Amico will come out last.

With the lack of communication, I personally think Polymega is looking the most bleak.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Playdate preorders coming in a month!

Looks like Switch is the AA most likely to come out first. Polymega has gained some ground on the Amico as being last to release.

Interesting product.  Looks like they are on their way to getting this released.  Hopefully this will come out this year as it looks to be a very niche and hipster-esque (imo) product.  Definitely wish them luck and I will be keeping my eyes peeled for further updates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Interesting product.  Looks like they are on their way to getting this released.  Hopefully this will come out this year as it looks to be a very niche and hipster-esque (imo) product.  Definitely wish them luck and I will be keeping my eyes peeled for further updates.

Yeah it does seem kind of hipster. I do like the looks of the games they've shown so far.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 11:30 AM, MrBeefy said:

Well looks like the winner of the race may just be the OLED Switch. Comes out October 8, so that takes Amico out of the running for first

Doesn't seem fair to put Switch in the list since Nintendo has a track record of releasing products.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zzip said:

Doesn't seem fair to put Switch in the list since Nintendo has a track record of releasing products.

Analogue has a track record too. These were all the ones I could think of suppose to come out sometime this year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well the two people who voted Amico to be first just had a setback with the delay.

I know Polymega is suppose to release sometime soon. However, with their track record I think Amico will be safe from being last.

Have there been any updates on the Pocket?

Just for fun, I've compiled a spreadsheet that compares the various FauxRetro consoles with each other.  It strikes me as being a useful way to see how similar or different their development is.  The "Total Ruse" is the amount of time between the first public announcement of the console and the end (cancellation or shipping).  Basically, it measures how long the company was able to get away with jerking everyone around.

Currently, the Polymega is the reigning champion, though signs point to that possibly making it into people's hands.  It's conceivable the Amico could catch up if it never gets released at any point in 2022 (this is not a prediction that it will or will not, merely a statement of fact regarding the calendar).

Funny, though, the Coleco Chameleon seemed like this epic tale back when it was first happening... but it was born and died in less than a year, AND was cancelled before its first ship date ever happened.  Amazing how someone can make Mike Kennedy seem like the Good Ol' Days!

1061087895_ScreenShot2021-08-17at8_39_55PM.thumb.png.0e7b1c5ebf2d0386137570cb96fc9c07.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2