IGNORED

Which Will Come Out First Poll

First To Come Out Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which will make it to market first?

• Analogue Pocket
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
    • Intellivision Amico
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
    • Playdate
    • Polymega
  2. 2. Which will make it to market last?

• Analogue Pocket
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
    • Intellivision Amico
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
    • Playdate
    • Polymega

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:40 PM

On 7/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, MrBeefy said:

Well looks like the winner of the race may just be the OLED Switch. Comes out October 8, so that takes Amico out of the running for first.

Maybe Polymega will pull off a miracle? ?

Pull off a miracle?

Polymega can barely pull their own pud.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

According to this site https://www.fundable.com/intellivision

The backend, OS, and games aren't complete for the Amico. So I think that will probably take them out of the running.

Was Polymega suppose to be September?

It's widely known and generally accepted that the last 10 percent is actually 90 percent of the work with any software! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

It's widely known and generally accepted that the last 10 percent is actually 90 percent of the work with any software! 

Well some are claiming even though they say it's 90% done that they can still ship it. 

The backend is only 80% compete too. So idk. ?‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Can't see any delays with the Evercade. They've shown machines, packaging, and OS, and there's no need for an online shop with the business model they've chosen. Looking forward to receiving my founder's edition, with the six included carts it was a no-brainer. Some interesting stuff on there - the Gaelco collection in particular. 

Quite amused that I'll be playing Intellivision games on the Evercade long before the Amico shows up.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, MrBeefy said:

Well some are claiming even though they say it's 90% done that they can still ship it. 

The backend is only 80% compete too. So idk. ?‍♂️

On 8/20/2021 at 7:10 PM, MrBeefy said:

According to this site https://www.fundable.com/intellivision

The backend, OS, and games aren't complete for the Amico. So I think that will probably take them out of the running.

Was Polymega suppose to be September?

Honestly, I question the validity of the source as I doubt it's updated weekly.  Monthly, maybe.

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah I'm probably least interested in it. I'm glad its finally coming out to those who have waited.

You know what killed it for me? The RetroTINK-5x Pro. I was actually considering getting a Polymega for its ability to deinterlace Saturn games and I'm assuming that it handles resolution changes flawlessly, but the RetroTINK can do that and it works for stuff that the Polymega can't do at all, like the Neo Geo AES, PSP go on its dock with the component output, MSX once I finally find a cable for it, PS2, and a whole lot more. Still, if you've got the cash to spare (it is quite expensive) and don't feel like using the many free emulators online, the Polymega is a good choice and the emulation is solid as of when I played it 2 years ago, even for stuff like Saturn. It's entirely possible that they broke something in the emulation since then, but when I played it, it was excellent.

• Like 1

I updated my chart because it looks like Polymega actually did ship.  It's still unclear how many units went out into the mail, but I'm counting it until I hear something that contradicts it.

So, to beat the record, Amico is going to need to be delayed for almost two years.  That seems a bit of a reach.  I'd say its a very solid bet that they'll pass the VCS, though.  

1764846082_ScreenShot2021-09-23at1_19_36PM.thumb.png.59d26ee7b02ac801497938e783ab5fe7.png

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, GoldLeader said:

Maybe take a pic if ya see one...Or not.

No Polymega sightings today. I did find something WAY MORE AWESOME, though... After Burner II arcade PCB!!!! My favourite arcade game ever! Too bad it was 220000 yen. lol no way can I afford that, but if I could, I'd have bought it without question.

• Sad 1

Has anyone ever seen a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X for sale on store shelves? Seems like the kind of thing we would see stacked up at Costco by now. 

Same goes for Evercade. Is that mail order only? 

Analogue and Polymega are hobbyist things like Everdrives, so I can understand those being online-only, but the absence/irrelevance of brick and mortar stores is interesting to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Has anyone ever seen a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X for sale on store shelves? Seems like the kind of thing we would see stacked up at Costco by now. 

Same goes for Evercade. Is that mail order only? 

Analogue and Polymega are hobbyist things like Everdrives, so I can understand those being online-only, but the absence/irrelevance of brick and mortar stores is interesting to me. 

Anecdotally I've read that the Series X is still not stocked on shelves in the US, it's more of a 'mail-order' thing.  From the subreddits I follow, it looks like maybe internationally they're *sloooooowly* starting to see shelf stock.

• Like 1