Jump to content
MrBeefy

Which Will Come Out First Poll

First To Come Out Poll  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which will make it to market first?

    • Analogue Pocket
      2
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
      5
    • Intellivision Amico
      2
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
      14
    • Playdate
      1
    • Polymega
      0
  2. 2. Which will make it to market last?

    • Analogue Pocket
      1
    • Blaze Evercade Vs
      0
    • Intellivision Amico
      11
    • Nintendo Switch Pro
      2
    • Playdate
      0
    • Polymega
      10

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:40 PM

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, MrBeefy said:

Well looks like the winner of the race may just be the OLED Switch. Comes out October 8, so that takes Amico out of the running for first.

 

Maybe Polymega will pull off a miracle? 🤣

 

 

Pull off a miracle?

 

Polymega can barely pull their own pud.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

 

 

Pull off a miracle?

 

 

That reminds me of Mel Brooks' "History of the World" with Miracle the Horse. lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

 

 

Pull off a miracle?

 

Polymega can barely pull their own pud.

 

 

That is why with them I will only believe it when I see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2021 at 7:06 AM, digdugnate said:

That reminds me of Mel Brooks' "History of the World" with Miracle the Horse. lol

That is a great movie.  Gotta love Mel!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

According to this site https://www.fundable.com/intellivision

 

The backend, OS, and games aren't complete for the Amico. So I think that will probably take them out of the running.

 

Was Polymega suppose to be September?

 

It's widely known and generally accepted that the last 10 percent is actually 90 percent of the work with any software! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shawn said:

 

It's widely known and generally accepted that the last 10 percent is actually 90 percent of the work with any software! 

Well some are claiming even though they say it's 90% done that they can still ship it. 

 

The backend is only 80% compete too. So idk. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 11:56 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

Polymega wins. It's now available in stores in Japan.

Crazy right! Time to buy a lotto ticket. Now...

 

goldberg-whos-next.gif.1ff15845840e70fc903c925bd644e145.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The Switch Pro is supposed to be next, followed by the Evercade VS, at least if none of them are delayed.

Then Playdate, Pocket, and Amico?

 

When is Steamdeck set to come out?

Edited by MrBeefy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see any delays with the Evercade. They've shown machines, packaging, and OS, and there's no need for an online shop with the business model they've chosen. Looking forward to receiving my founder's edition, with the six included carts it was a no-brainer. Some interesting stuff on there - the Gaelco collection in particular. 

 

Quite amused that I'll be playing Intellivision games on the Evercade long before the Amico shows up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, MrBeefy said:

Well some are claiming even though they say it's 90% done that they can still ship it. 

 

The backend is only 80% compete too. So idk. 🤷‍♂️

 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:10 PM, MrBeefy said:

According to this site https://www.fundable.com/intellivision

 

The backend, OS, and games aren't complete for the Amico. So I think that will probably take them out of the running.

 

Was Polymega suppose to be September?

Honestly, I question the validity of the source as I doubt it's updated weekly.  Monthly, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 4:22 AM, MrBeefy said:

Crazy right! Time to buy a lotto ticket. Now...

 

goldberg-whos-next.gif.1ff15845840e70fc903c925bd644e145.gif

Yeah. I have not seen any yet myself, but I have to go to Akiba next week, so I'll see if I can find any. Not buying it, though... cannot afford and I have no need for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm probably least interested in it. I'm glad its finally coming out to those who have waited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah I'm probably least interested in it. I'm glad its finally coming out to those who have waited.

You know what killed it for me? The RetroTINK-5x Pro. I was actually considering getting a Polymega for its ability to deinterlace Saturn games and I'm assuming that it handles resolution changes flawlessly, but the RetroTINK can do that and it works for stuff that the Polymega can't do at all, like the Neo Geo AES, PSP go on its dock with the component output, MSX once I finally find a cable for it, PS2, and a whole lot more. Still, if you've got the cash to spare (it is quite expensive) and don't feel like using the many free emulators online, the Polymega is a good choice and the emulation is solid as of when I played it 2 years ago, even for stuff like Saturn. It's entirely possible that they broke something in the emulation since then, but when I played it, it was excellent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated my chart because it looks like Polymega actually did ship.  It's still unclear how many units went out into the mail, but I'm counting it until I hear something that contradicts it.

 

So, to beat the record, Amico is going to need to be delayed for almost two years.  That seems a bit of a reach.  I'd say its a very solid bet that they'll pass the VCS, though.  

 

1764846082_ScreenShot2021-09-23at1_19_36PM.thumb.png.59d26ee7b02ac801497938e783ab5fe7.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 8:33 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah. I have not seen any yet myself, but I have to go to Akiba next week, so I'll see if I can find any. Not buying it, though... cannot afford and I have no need for it.

 

Maybe take a pic if ya see one...Or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

 

Maybe take a pic if ya see one...Or not.

Yeah, I will see what I can do. Lots of stores in Akiba, and not just game stores, do not let you take pictures inside. I'll definitely try to at least remember any prices that I see, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, GoldLeader said:

 

Maybe take a pic if ya see one...Or not.

No Polymega sightings today. I did find something WAY MORE AWESOME, though... After Burner II arcade PCB!!!! My favourite arcade game ever! Too bad it was 220000 yen. lol no way can I afford that, but if I could, I'd have bought it without question.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever seen a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X for sale on store shelves? Seems like the kind of thing we would see stacked up at Costco by now. 
 

Same goes for Evercade. Is that mail order only? 
 

Analogue and Polymega are hobbyist things like Everdrives, so I can understand those being online-only, but the absence/irrelevance of brick and mortar stores is interesting to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Has anyone ever seen a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X for sale on store shelves? Seems like the kind of thing we would see stacked up at Costco by now. 
 

Same goes for Evercade. Is that mail order only? 
 

Analogue and Polymega are hobbyist things like Everdrives, so I can understand those being online-only, but the absence/irrelevance of brick and mortar stores is interesting to me. 

Anecdotally I've read that the Series X is still not stocked on shelves in the US, it's more of a 'mail-order' thing.  From the subreddits I follow, it looks like maybe internationally they're *sloooooowly* starting to see shelf stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...