IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Weeks 17/18/19 ~ HomeBrew Weeks

Vocelli

Tower Score ...360...this game works great on my flashback portable.  Kept replaying the game and finally got out of the trap in the middle around 288...had to escape to the left and do an island jump...very fun game...looking forward to trying the other games....if they are as addicting and challenging as this one I am in trouble.5B642C6D-8530-40D5-856C-0ABFFB522802.thumb.jpeg.452400dbe39dcf8208b318e56a1ede0a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's the video of my Robot City game.

Looks like I made it to level 83 (not 81 as I mentioned in the previous post).  I think I remembered level 81 because the prior level was the one where I trapped the last robot on the bottom part of the screen, limiting my options to kill it.  Level 75 was the one where I trapped myself in the upper left corner (although not intentionally - the wreckage trapping me there is from a robot killed by another robot's fire).

• Like 1

Big improvement in tower of Rubble. The game went back to the demo before I took a picture, but the score has been captured as the high score, so I photographed that. Hopefully this is ok to still count, as I don't fancy my chances of hitting that score again

IMG_20210612_195643471.jpg

• Like 1

Is anyone else having issues booting up The End on their harmony encore cart? The other two games boot fine. The End just endlessly tries to load.

Edit: it's something weird happening with my encore cart. I put the sd card in my pre-production cart and it booted fine. 

Edited by keilbaca
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, keilbaca said:

Is anyone else having issues booting up The End on their harmony encore cart? The other two games boot fine. The End just endlessly tries to load.

Edit: it's something weird happening with my encore cart. I put the sd card in my pre-production cart and it booted fine. 

I believe that the problem could be the firmware of the harmony encore cartridge. Which version of the firmware do you have ??

34 minutes ago, RaymanC said:

I believe that the problem could be the firmware of the harmony encore cartridge. Which version of the firmware do you have ??

It says 1.06

Edit: my pre production one says 1.07. I'll update the encore. 

Edited by keilbaca

For "The End", does anyone know how the game determines how many points you get for defeating the mother ship at the end of wave 5 (and presumably after wave 10, although I have yet to make it that far).  My first game or two, it scored 50 points, but ever since it's only scored 30-40 points.  This may not seem like much, but you score that amount of points for each remaining block in the spelling of "The End", so the difference between a 30 and a 50 can be significant if there are several remaining blocks.  I'm wondering if the scoring is completely random or if there is a skill element that can earn a bigger bonus.

This is the only game of the three where I've not been able to improve my score over the past couple weeks (the score I posted may be the first game I played).  I've not found a way to consistently shoot down the aliens after they grab the blocks, especially on waves 6-10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kermit73 said:

For "The End", does anyone know how the game determines how many points you get for defeating the mother ship at the end of wave 5 (and presumably after wave 10, although I have yet to make it that far).  My first game or two, it scored 50 points, but ever since it's only scored 30-40 points.  This may not seem like much, but you score that amount of points for each remaining block in the spelling of "The End", so the difference between a 30 and a 50 can be significant if there are several remaining blocks.  I'm wondering if the scoring is completely random or if there is a skill element that can earn a bigger bonus.

This is the only game of the three where I've not been able to improve my score over the past couple weeks (the score I posted may be the first game I played).  I've not found a way to consistently shoot down the aliens after they grab the blocks, especially on waves 6-10.

Hello kermit73

The points for defeating the mother ship every 5th wave is completely random like the arcade game. You can get from 10 to 100 points each time.

As you have noticed, it is important to try to keep the remaining blocks for 'END' as low as possible so you will earn more bonus points.

Try to kill as many aliens with blocks as you can because you will get double points for them, especially for the red/pink ones.

And try not to fire unless you are certain that you will kill an alien !!

Good Luck !!

RaymanC

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RaymanC said:

The points for defeating the mother ship every 5th wave is completely random like the arcade game.

I didn't know this was an arcade port! ??‍♂️ ?

5 hours ago, mchetzel said:

i love this game and its use of music to enhance gameplay.  Anyone else walking around town with this cool beat in their heads or is it just me?

I believe the best way to move whist singing this beat would be parkour.

image.png.85c2905d8d5ea8d0cfb50da373919545.png

if that gif doesn't animate, just imagine it ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1