IGNORED

Bikerbob's Clubhouse FoReM ST

Bikerbob

Sorry guys.. I am at work and I cannot log in to make changes.. but the board is not answering again with the High Speed message.

I am playing with the  Forem.opt file.

Everything to do with the modem the program does not like the UDS-10 and the going through the telnet.. the issue is the UDS is not reporting anything to the program .. there for as far as it can tell you are trying to connect at 300 baud. 

My Port is 19200 - the program max is 19200.. I set the mimimum to 9600 today.. but the UDS-10 does not negotiate a speed.. and it also does not report a speed to the ST.. saying connected at ???   if I have the UDS-10 set to 19200.. I dont understand why the ST does not see a 19200 baud device there..  Nothing on the TELNET side should have anything to do with this.

Very frustrating and ironic how 8-bit bbs seem to work around this np.. and the newer fast strong 16bit.. SHATS the bed.

James

Don't think it's the hardware (ST).

I think it's the software you're using.

I mean, just considering how many ST BBS's there were "back in the day" and

all of them ran okay without the problems you're seeing.

I'm still betting it's some small thing and you'll figure it out, sooner or later.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bikerbob said:

Sorry guys.. I am at work and I cannot log in to make changes.. but the board is not answering again with the High Speed message.

You purchased a Wimodem232, correct? Have you tried it with your BBS? You might have better luck with it. I scanned the Wimodem232 manual and I read that it will report the connect speed with the command ATX1 (e.g., "CONNECT 9600" for 9600 baud connection). The default is ATX0 which only prints a "CONNECT" message. You can save the configuration on the Wimodem232 with the AT&W command in case ST FoReM does not support modem init strings. 

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

1 hour ago, JohnPolka said:

You purchased a Wimodem232, correct? Have you tried it with your BBS? You might have better luck with it. I scanned the Wimodem232 manual and I read that it will report the connect speed with the command ATX1 (e.g., "CONNECT 9600" for 9600 baud connection). The default is ATX0 which only prints a "CONNECT" message. You can save the configuration on the Wimodem232 with the AT&W command in case ST FoReM does not support modem init strings. 

-JP

Yes I have that.. and my 8266 modem.. so I might try those... it does work with the UDS-10 .. except it reports everyone is connecting at 300 baud.. I know it works MUCH faster than 300.. so is it really a problem?? guess Im ocd.

James

12 minutes ago, Bikerbob said:

Yes I have that.. and my 8266 modem.. so I might try those... it does work with the UDS-10 .. except it reports everyone is connecting at 300 baud.. I know it works MUCH faster than 300.. so is it really a problem?? guess Im ocd.

James

Does the UDS-10 really report a 300 baud connection or is ST FoReM interpretting a simple "CONNECT" message as a 300 baud connection? Some dial-up modems will report "CONNECT" for 300 baud and "CONNECT xxxx" (e.g., CONNECT 1200, CONNECT 2400, CONNECT 9600, etc.) for baud rates > 300.

-JP

50 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

Does the UDS-10 really report a 300 baud connection or is ST FoReM interpretting a simple "CONNECT" message as a 300 baud connection? Some dial-up modems will report "CONNECT" for 300 baud and "CONNECT xxxx" (e.g., CONNECT 1200, CONNECT 2400, CONNECT 9600, etc.) for baud rates > 300.

-JP

I dont even see "connect" from the UDS .. ATS0=1 and that allows a connection between the telnet portion and the serial portion. Maybe I need to set ATE=1 to get full verbose. maybe that would help. I wish we were all able to gather and look at the screen.. we would solve these things in 20mins.

James

• 8 months later...