IGNORED

How many box variations for the system were there? Which came first and which is the rarest?

Zap!

As far as I know, there were three variations, with two being similar. I had the one with all the people standing. Can anyone tell me if there are any more, which came first, and which are the rarest? Thanks in advance!

bally1.jpg

bally2.jpg

bally3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Zap! said:

As far as I know, there were three variations, with two being similar. I had the one with all the people standing. Can anyone tell me if there are any more, which came first, and which are the rarest? Thanks in advance!

bally1.jpg

bally2.jpg

bally3.jpg

Actually, the reverse order of your pictures: The Pro Arcade "arcade" box was first, Bally Professional box second, and Astrocade box third.  There is also a variant on the 2nd box Bally Professional for the White "Montgomery Ward" branded Professional Arcade models.  It has a sticker (I think its a sticker) showing the white console and that it comes with two controllers.  At least thats how mine looks. 

So I'd say the Montgomery Ward variant box is the rarest, followed by the "arcade" box, then Astrocade and lastly the Bally Professional box. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses! Unfortunately, I sold my boxed Bally in 2008. I had the one on the bottom (with all the people playing arcade games). Since it's the rarest (besides the Montgomery Ward variant), finding one will prove to be difficult. eBay is no help as of now. :(

Actually, I am only 95% certain that I owned the Astrocade with the people (bottom box). I'm trying to find the exact eBay listing through WorthPoint but have been unable to do so so far. The only thing that I know for sure is I sold it on eBay around March-May 2008. The only known picture that I have of the Bally I owned is of the side of the box. This picture was taken in the mid 2000's.

boxes.jpg

30 minutes ago, ballyalley said:

Yup, I agree with Michael; the boxes are listed in reverse order.

If you own those boxes I would LOVE a hi-res scan of that Bally Arcade box from 1978.

Adam

I think a scan of that might prove difficult based on the size; I know I still owe you some document scans and if I have that box in good condition I will snap some pics.