gilsaluki

Bravo Sierra Computer's Ben Smith

51 minutes ago, Allan said:

Interesting. I stand corrected. I just assumed there was not considering the cost. Media mail can bring up issues though because of all the restrictions it has.

There are certainly restrictions with media mail including that video games aren't covered (I ship movies which are covered).  That is of course if your package is opened and inspected.  Computer software however is covered.  Video games, specifically floppy discs would skate through no issue.  Cartridges technically not.  But again, doubt it's a real issue.  

Hello guys

Hmmm.  Two guys with huge amounts of Atari stuff are showing strange behavior.  What does that mean to those of us who own more than one Atari and one medium to save data on...

Sincerely

Mathy

PS don't tell your partners.  We don't have to give them a reason for trying to get us to get rid of our beloved computers...

11 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Hmmm.  Two guys with huge amounts of Atari stuff are showing strange behavior.  What does that mean to those of us who own more than one Atari and one medium to save data on...

Sincerely

Mathy

PS don't tell your partners.  We don't have to give them a reason for trying to get us to get rid of our beloved computers...

Ben might have a room of stuff at best. Brad has a big warehouse of stuff.

• Like 1

Hello Allan

3 minutes ago, Allan said:

Ben might have a room of stuff at best. Brad has a big warehouse of stuff.

Something tells me you are taking this more serious than I meant it to be.  ;-)

Sincerely

Mathy

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Like most I detest that website, its an abomination in today's slick and easily searchable sites but as you say, would he let someone do a stocktake and catalogue all his gear, almost certainly not...

Still much better than the text catalogues Bravo Sierra currently uses, and that myatari.com/B&C used until the Windows XP machines used to keep track of prices/stock levels crashed several years ago.

35 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello Allan

Something tells me you are taking this more serious than I meant it to be.  ;-)

Sincerely

Mathy

No. Sorry to give that impression but I see the smiley. It's one of the things I do not like about the Internet. So much gets lost in a conversation over the Internet that is seen and mostly understood in a in-person (or phone) conversation. But I do see people being a little harsh (or at least a little lazy in their communication) about Ben. I do understand people's point of view as a customer but it's important to understand the situation Ben's in. For example I do believe he doesn't even have a cell phone nor any means of taking a picture and sending it to them, which is for many people, incomprehensible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BillC said:

Still much better than the text catalogues Bravo Sierra currently uses, and that myatari.com/B&C used until the Windows XP machines used to keep track of prices/stock levels crashed several years ago.

Come on. It adds to that retro feel. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

For example on my last order from Best I got an Atari Basic Revision C for no other reason than it fills a hole in my collection, I'll probably use it nonce.

By a strange coincidence, that's been my go-to item for making up the minimum with Best - and I've always ended up ordering something else instead at the last minute.

Let me know if you decide at some point that you're no longer interested in keeping it around; I could use one to replace the Rev. A I'm currently using with the 1200XL.