IGNORED

Error UNSOLVED SYMBOLS

JazGaming

Hi there, I'm pretty new to programming (considering where JagStudio is at) and I've run out of troubleshoot ideas for this error, and reading up on the manual didn't solve it for me. Basically I'm trying to have a go at displaying my own sprite instead of the quickstart one, the only difference being the size of the sprite being 25 by 48 pixels. I've followed the code exactly as before, swapping out the names and pixel values for the code defining the sprite size. however I get an error message when attempting to run it that reads UNSOLVED SYMBOLS SPRITE_ALU. Here is my code. It's probably a really easy fix, but I'm still learning how to code in the first place.

assets.txt rapinit.s

I'm not sure if this is the fix but to start off with, all graphics need to be divisible by 16.

25 will not work. If you need it to be 25, the graphic will need to be 32 (you can leave whatever around it blank) by 48

Also looking really quickly, it appears you have your graphic bit set to 16-bit in rapinit:

dc.l    16                               ; (BIT DEPTH)                   ; bitmap depth (1/2/4/8/16/24)

Is the image 16-bit? Is the asset string for 16-bit?

Also make sure the path to your graphic is correct and that you don't have it open in another program (in case of file locks).

I don't think this will be the issue, but also try a different name instead of SPRITE_ALU. Perhaps try spr_alu in assets and rapinit

41 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

Also looking really quickly, it appears you have your graphic bit set to 16-bit in rapinit:

dc.l    16                               ; (BIT DEPTH)                   ; bitmap depth (1/2/4/8/16/24)

Is the image 16-bit? Is the asset string for 16-bit?

I fixed the first issue and am still working on making sure my image is 16 bit, also what do you mean by asset string? also I forgot to mention that the error contains "(basic.o)" I also couldn't find anything on this.

Edited by JazGaming

15 minutes ago, JazGaming said:

I fixed the first issue and am still working on making sure my image is 16 bit, also what do you mean by asset string? also I forgot to mention that the error contains "(basic.o)" I also couldn't find anything on this.

By that I mean the line in your assets.txt also have to match the properties of your graphic.

33 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

By that I mean the line in your assets.txt also have to match the properties of your graphic.

gotcha, came back to it and right away realized I had forgotten to save my image as a .bmp file : P although it runs now, my image is now corrupted. I've been messing around with the values but to no avail.

35 minutes ago, JazGaming said:

gotcha, came back to it and right away realized I had forgotten to save my image as a .bmp file : P although it runs now, my image is now corrupted. I've been messing around with the values but to no avail.

It looks like the sprite width is set to 16 wide and needs to match the others above it:

dc.l    16*2                             ; sprite_gwidth                 ; GFX width (of data)	

2 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

It looks like the sprite width is set to 16 wide and needs to match the others above it:

dc.l    16*2                             ; sprite_gwidth                 ; GFX width (of data)	

Yea, tried changing the value to 32 instead, but all it did was make it shorter. Why is that?