IGNORED

Pitfall Beer?!

widowsson

• 3 weeks later...

Cool. But David Crane (Pitfall!'s iconic creator) just might want royalties just for the use of the Pitfall! graphics on the can.

And while I myself don't drink, in fact I did get a full unopened can of Rockstar as a gift back in 2002 when I played a show as The Heavy Metal Warrior with my old hardcore/thrash band S.M.F. as I came out with our first CD in 4 years (SchizoTron) just months before, in which (the show not the CD, which sold a few hundred) drew only less than 100 people despite all the marketing we did leading up to that show, we even made it a festival, "CoveFest '02 - The Quest For Berg", on August 31, 2002 (aggressive newspaper coverage, promo posters at the local record store Quimper Sound Records here in Port Townsend, handing out TONS of flyers, etc.) I was SO disappointed with the fact we actually had to pay the bands (Necrophilist from Port Angeles, Dorgan Onor from Seattle/Everett, and Shelley's Wrist here in Port Townsend) out of our own pockets due to the poor turnout we had. It would lead to the downfall of both my comeback (after 4 years since out last CD, ...and Proud of It) and eventually the band itself (November 2002 we broke up). THAT'S show biz for you.

I still do have their demo CD-Rs they made then so I could check them out before they played here, they are HEAVY!!!

BTW, I no longer have that can, nor did I ever drink it (I'm just not an energy drink kinda guy), but back then I considered that to be a collector's item due to it marking my first concert since we came back..... oh what could've been!!! :) 

Just now, BIGHMW said:

Cool. But David Crane (Pitfall!'s iconic creator) just might want royalties just for the use of the Pitfall! graphics on the can.

And while I myself don't drink, in fact I did get a full unopened can of Rockstar as a gift back in 2002 when I played a show as The Heavy Metal Warrior with my old hardcore/thrash band S.M.F. as I came out with our first CD in 4 years (SchizoTron) just months before, in which (the show not the CD, which sold a few hundred) drew only less than 100 people despite all the marketing we did leading up to that show, we even made it a festival, "CoveFest '02 - The Quest For Berg", on August 31, 2002 (aggressive newspaper coverage, promo posters at the local record store Quimper Sound Records here in Port Townsend, handing out TONS of flyers, etc.) I was SO disappointed with the fact we actually had to pay the bands (Necrophilist from Port Angeles, Dorgan Onor from Seattle/Everett, and Shelley's Wrist here in Port Townsend) out of our own pockets due to the poor turnout we had. It would lead to the downfall of both my comeback (after 4 years since out last CD, ...and Proud of It) and eventually the band itself (November 2002 we broke up). THAT'S show biz for you.

I still do have their demo CD-Rs they made then so I could check them out before they played here, they are HEAVY!!!

BTW, I no longer have that can, nor did I ever drink it (I'm just not an energy drink kinda guy), but back then I considered that to be a collector's item due to it marking my first concert since we came back..... oh what could've been!!! :) 

Ok...you were in a band and you don't drink?  Please tell me you don't drink ANY MORE....because...reasons ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Max_Chatsworth said:

Ok...you were in a band and you don't drink?  Please tell me you don't drink ANY MORE....because...reasons ?

It's because of my meds (reaction to alcohol might really f*** me up BIG-TIME), plus I'm just not a drinker, not since my first date with my former Love Of My Life, Alice Yantz in April 1989 (I was 22 she was 29 at that time, we just fell for each other then), and never again, period, especially since I do drive (got my first license in February 1999, I was 32 years old at that time).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

David Crane may wish to have royalties, but Activision owns the rights to Pitfall, not David Crane.

3 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

It took this long for someone to point out this wasn't official?

Anyway still on the Falling Knife website , 36 in stock for now

HIDDEN TEMPLE CROWLER
$11.00

36 in stock

Hidden Temple Crowler quantity
ADD TO CART
SKU: HTC Category: Crowler

temple.jpg

I looked into ordering a 4-pack...but it looks like they only deliver locally (MN) and I live in DE.  :(  Otherwise, I would have picked it up for my game room as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deteacher said:

I looked into ordering a 4-pack...but it looks like they only deliver locally (MN) and I live in DE.  :(  Otherwise, I would have picked it up for my game room as well.

Good info, there has to be some AA users that live in the MN area that will buy this up before Falling Knife gets a cease and desist.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TwiliteZoner said:

Just remember this is not the same Activision that we all know and love. This is new Activision that would sell its mother for a supply drop in COD. 

Believe it or not, there are quite a bunch of old school programmers at Activision in higher up positions now.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, Deteacher said:

Damn...only local to MN area.  I'd love to get a couple for permanent display in my bar.

• 3 weeks later...