IGNORED

Syncterm 1.2b

Triads

Figured i wouldn't hijack another thread for this.. So, has anyone tried the latest Syncterm 1.2b connecting to an Atascii bbs? I get garbled characters.. 1.1 does not do this. I've tried Adventurers Guild and my own bbs with the same issues.. Anyone else try?

And yes, type & font are set to Atari.. Not Atari XEP

Edited by Triads

11 minutes ago, Triads said:

Submitted a ticket for regression

sync11.thumb.JPG.178697036a7c70e094cae2520ba9cb14.JPGsync12b.thumb.JPG.09ad6abc6c990e609917e244f5e69c64.JPG

Not sure if it's related, but I also was getting some weird behavior when I tried 1.2b. It only worked in full screen mode. Now my good copy of 1.2a only works in full screen mode. I think I'm done messing around with 1.2 until it becomes a stable release.

-JP

26 minutes ago, Triads said:

I agree, 1.1 does ok..

I also tried full screen with no change.

I was able to fix the full screen problem. But yeah, the current version of 1.2b has messed up ATASCII. Thanks for filing a ticket.

-JP

50 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

I was able to fix the full screen problem. But yeah, the current version of 1.2b has messed up ATASCII. Thanks for filing a ticket.

-JP

Ugh! It's not saving the sizing settings. So, When I reload Syncterm,  I get the messed up full screen again! What a mess.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

19 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

Ugh! It's not saving the sizing settings. So, When I reload Syncterm,  I get the messed up full screen again! What a mess.

-JP

After messing with it some more, it's now retaining its size and not stuck in full screen mode. 

-JP

5 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

where can I get the latest version? on the SyncTerm it is still showing 1.1 as the latest.

James

Keep in mind that 1.2b is a daily build of their development branch. So, you could get something that isn't fully working.

Anyway, go to the following link, scroll to the bottom where it says "The below links are almost certainly not what you want" and select either Win32 for Windows or MacOS for Mac. If you want a different architecture (such as Linux x86), then you'll need to grab the sources and build it yourself.

https://syncterm.bbsdev.net/

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka