DavidMil

Add you favorite old User Groups...

I believe the only one I ever attended was AUGI, but I think there were some other ones around here for a while.

IIRC, AUGI stood for Atari User's Group of Indianapolis.  Larry might be able to help me with that one.

JUG was Atari 8bit and TI99 , alittle later MACE . sure miss those meetings from 1980 till 90's.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, StickJock said:

20210607_174026[1].jpg

Cool.  Spent some time in The Zone.  Howard.  The pen's cap is very...somewhere over the rainbow.    DBM

SPACE. Saint Paul Atari Computer Enthusiasts... :)

Got into the scene in the mid/late-80s... much to my surprise, they're still around. Might go back one day. I don't recognize all the people's names, but after 30 years (zoiks!) it's not much of a surprise to have some turnover...

AUGI - the Atari Users' Group of Ireland.  Met at Powers' Hotel (now the Kildare Street Hotel) on Kildare Street in the middle of Dublin once a month.  At its height, there were probably around 30 regulars.  Meetings were a mix of copyfests, gaming, and technical stuff.  Lots of 8-bit and ST presence, though not a ton of crossover between the two groups; a few of us were in both camps.

Attended from about 1985 to around 1990, at which point girls had taken a lot of my interest away from computers.  Don't think the group survived past about 1992 or so.

NOSAUG , North of Scotland Atari User Group.

Stuart Murray used to run it. He did a release with just the magazine, one with a diskette and another also which was cassette based.

I regularly used to be the ONLY person that got the cassette version.

All my cassettes stopped working years ago and got thrown out after being left in a garage too long.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, bandit said:

JUG was Atari 8bit and TI99 , alittle later MACE . sure miss those meetings from 1980 till 90's.

What's JUG?

Which MACE?

20 minutes ago, ClausB said:

What's JUG? Jackson User's group (medford Oregon)

Which MACE? Medford Atari computer enthusiast

• Thanks 1

LBACE - Long Beach Atari Computer Enthusiasts

Long Beach, CA - I was a member (and the president) for the last few years before the ST came out and for a few years past that.  Pretty sure it died off when Atari stopped being carried in stores.  We weren't affiliated with a store or anything, just people who loved our Atari computers.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, Fres said:

I believe the only one I ever attended was AUGI, but I think there were some other ones around here for a while.

IIRC, AUGI stood for Atari User's Group of Indianapolis.  Larry might be able to help me with that one.

Yep.  AUGI was the main one in the Indy area.  Another was WICA -- West Indy Computer Alliance.  Despite the name, Atari only.  WICA had a lot of cash on hand in the treasury, and voted to purchase a copy of the CHAOS library.  Probably close to 100 disks.