IGNORED

Alfie the spaceman game 2.

MrGonker

hello everyone, the second game in space man Alfie series is now ready to download, Zontron27. A couple of things, the game is in Ti basic and to load you will need to CALL FILES(1) before loading ALFIE2, if using on disk. Unfortunately i kept running out of memory so the last level was a compromise which i am not to happy with, i wanted Alfie to move as in the game of snake but it kept giving me out of memory and i had already cut a fair bit out of the game by then so wasnt much more i could do other than change the level completely. Its also to random and may make it impossible to complete the game, though on level 1 or 2 it is a bit easier. personally there is alot im happy with in the game but some things i think could be alot better.  I have started the third game which again will be in basic with a possibility of an extended basic version at some point. The game is in TiDisk format but works if renamed to .dsk.

Anyway , give it a go and hope you enjoy it.

ALFIE2 ZONTRON27.TIDisk

• Like 10

2 hours ago, tmop69 said:

Now compiled and with joystick support! ? Hope to have calibrated correctly the difficulty levels.

Download it from this thread: 

Dedicated page on TI99IUC site (Zontron 27).

Waiting for a new chapter...

Could you also compile the first Alfie game?

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/309491-new-ti-basic-game/

• 2 months later...

A big thank you for compiling this, it’s a big improvement especially on real hardware and better with the joystick. I’m still trying to beat it on level 1 but it’s now harder than ever but a lot more enjoyable. Can’t wait for you to compile the third game , whenever I finally finish writing it. I need more hours in the day, 24 is just not enough.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrGonker said:

A big thank you for compiling this, it’s a big improvement especially on real hardware and better with the joystick. I’m still trying to beat it on level 1 but it’s now harder than ever but a lot more enjoyable. Can’t wait for you to compile the third game , whenever I finally finish writing it. I need more hours in the day, 24 is just not enough.

Thank you for writing the game! We need now to have the 3rd episode... ?  Please, remember to use only integer math, since floating point math is not supported by the compiler. ;-) 

• Like 3