IGNORED

Shots of C=64 games I made long ago

When the C=64 was my main computer, I absorbed just about every contruction set, level editor, and game creator I could get my hands on.  I made about 30 games of varying quality on the Games Creator, which require Games Creator to run.  A lot of my work on that was about just trying out ideas and seeing what worked or not.  Then I moved on to Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker, for which I produced about 6  .. ish... stand-alone games, and a bunch of animations, and even an unfinished virtual aquarium.  After that, I produced three stand-alone games on the SEUCK (Shoot-Em-Up Contruction Kit), the third of which is pretty slick.  My final Commodore game was a really nice SEUCK game on the Amiga 500.  The Amiga isn't working right now, but I managed to get a 128 to boot in 64 mode to take a look back at these old games.  Here are some photos, if anyone is interested.  I've been stuck with just 2 of the games I made (which will remain nameless for now), for which I surprisingly found roms were made of them, so I grabbed them for emulator, so I was pleased to see that the data on the disks was still intact after all these years for the games I had never tossed out to public domain on Quantum Link. :)  Is there any interest for this sort of thing these days?

IMG_6050.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

• Like 3

Yes, both Gamebase 64 and the people at CSDb tend to be interested in previously unreleased stuff. Graphically your entries look promising, and with a solid engine in the background they probably play well too. Personally I only tried one of the earlier game makers once, but spent a good amount of time with SEUCK. Nowadays that tool exists in a modified version that allows you to create horizontally scrolling games instead of vertical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool, thanks!  I see that Gamebase 64 has a couple of my games listed, but some of their info is wrong on them - I was like 12 years old when my dad helped me release the ones they have, and whomever made the roms and listed them would have had no idea.  I would have released more, but people on Quantum Link complained about the file sizes.  Sadly, I can't get past their anti-robot question to get in to the forums to give them more.  I knew I was a robot all along!
image.png.27fdbb2ab2256577730972054e46bf11.png
It seems like SEUCK is well-regarded even now, which is nice to see.  It also seems that the process of converting Commodore disks to roms is a bit beyond my current capabilities.

Edited by Superkitten
  • Like 1

That's sort of amusing. :)  I wonder if they have noticed their membership has stopped growing, yet?

I took a few hours to save new copies of my gamemaker games... 3 disks, 8 games, 1 "prototype" unfinished game.  Sadly, my aquarium simulator is unfinished/ missing pieces. :(
But, I should be able to use Fast Load to make copies if I find someone over there that wants to convert them to roms.

Thanks!

• Like 2