IGNORED

Any Aussies in this group?

Hawkangel

The computer was released in Australia too--I have a boatload of newsletters from User Groups in Hunter Valley, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Sydney. Someone in Australia was even selling one not too long ago, so they do turn up. You might want to read through the Australian newsletters on the WHT site to see what options were out there, especially as a lot of interesting hardware tidbits show up in them (Aussie users were quite resourceful folks due to the limited market there). There is a huge amount of data on the WHT site overall, I just pointed you straight to the User Group folders.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 7:41 PM, Hawkangel said:

I honestly don’t remember this computer released in Australia. 
Do any other Aussies on here?

Also, if I was to buy one off eBay it would be from the USA so does anyone know how to get an Australian power adapter?

@Hawkangel The TI-99/4 & the 4A were both released in Australia, and I used to work for one of the computer stores in Sydney (ComputerWave in the city) that sold a boat load of them when the unit was discontinued. I was a member of the TISHUG group for quite a few years and still love looking back at those old newsletters with some fond memories of a simpler time.... 

As @Ksarul mentioned, the Aussie groups were very resourceful and created lots from both a hardware (Horizon RAMdisk Clone) and software (Funnelweb) for example.

I am so happy that even though there is not much happening now from an Aussie perspective, that the rest of the community worldwide has never really slowed down. I think this a testament to the resourcefulness and the resilience of the TI community and the love for our little orphan computer... :)

Cheers,

mnielsenau 

Edited by mnielsenau
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Not based in Aussie, but used to come down every month for business and still have calls every week (I am based in Bangkok , similar timezone). I did sent 1.5 year ago a brand new speech synthesizer to someone, not sure if he is on the forum here.

Edited by globeron

For the power adapter  you can buy a 110v to 220v converter I did that for some TI devices, or order from Europe these adapters work well.  You can also make your own eg. cut off the cord of the USA adapter and use a meanwell adaptor (I have instructions as I did it for a TI-99/4 series)

• Like 1