IGNORED

where can I buy a Atari SDrive-Max and Fujinet?

Hi. I am in the UK and got my SDrive Max from Ebay.co.uk here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173710208225  

Reasonable price and all working fine. Looks like they ship to Europe too.:-D

FYI when you get your Sdrive Max make sure before you plug it in, you have done your research regarding the power. If it is set to be powered by the Atari via the SIO, (usually default), and you couple it with an external power supply, you can fry it, and possibly damage your A8 in the process. I just power it via my A8/SIO. It powers up fine without an external PSU, just obviously resets everytime you switch off the A8 which I guess is why you can choose to go with an external power source if desired. (They don't come with external PSUs BTW).

Good luck - SDrive Max is a nice bit of kit - although I still can't work out why - when you up the baud/data transfer rate to from the default (69kbps I think), to 128kbps (maximum) - files don't actually load any faster.

Edited by Beeblebrox

15 minutes ago, Lord Thag said:

I'm in the US. Do you ship here or is it just to Europe? Thanks!

@Gavin1968 just mentioned that he sells them, and he's based in the U.S. @MacRorie has them at The Brewing Academy in the U.S. as well. Both of these guys are class acts and are impossible to beat. There's no reason to order from Europe if you're in the U.S.

Just now, Mr Robot said:

Unless you want to bundle an AVGCART with that Fujinet

I guess that may be true, but with worldwide shipping the way it is, it seems like it would still be cheaper to order the FujiNet domestically and the AVGCart from Europe.

For that matter, I thought someone had started selling the AVGCart in the U.S.

3 hours ago, bfollowell said:

@Gavin1968 just mentioned that he sells them, and he's based in the U.S. @MacRorie has them at The Brewing Academy in the U.S. as well. Both of these guys are class acts and are impossible to beat. There's no reason to order from Europe if you're in the U.S.

Ok thanks. Gavin's site listed them as out of stock, but I'll keep checking. I'll ping MacRorie as well. Been outta the loop for the last few months.

Just now, Lord Thag said:

Ok thanks. Gavin's site listed them as out of stock, but I'll keep checking. I'll ping MacRorie as well. Been outta the loop for the last few months.

I think Gavin's post above said he'd have v1.5 FujiNets in stock this week.

So I have bought both, really exceeding my monthly allocation for retro hardware and with the recent 800xl that I'm waiting for.

I am very impressed with what the SDrive-Max does. I got the one with an external USB power source, the seller says this is a much better solution, but it means more cords.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, tmp said:

i have some rev 1.3 with fixes available (in europe)

18 hours ago, Gavin1968 said:

The 1.3 is garbage! Don't waste your time.

Perhaps with fixes also includes hardware fixes? Couple of jumper wires, cut traces, added something. Perhaps @tmp can clarify.

1 minute ago, ivop said:

Perhaps with fixes also includes hardware fixes? Couple of jumper wires, cut traces, added something. Perhaps @tmp can clarify.

of course it includes hw fixes (the main issue with 1.3 was that it was having problems with sw updates on some mobo/os combinations, that was solved (actually i believe i was the one who came with the last fix but whatever))

i understand gavin's motivations and i don't care

• Like 2

At least from what I've read on the fujinet section of this forum: a) the differences between hardware revisions are not very significant, b) most (all?) of the features work everywhere from v1.0 to the latest.

Also, ordering from the USA while living in EU and having all these delays in post offices sounds so "fun". In any case, I ordered a fujinet and avgcart from @tmp last week, so that's me done. Looking forward to receiving them!

Edited by ggn
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, Gavin1968 said:

I’m happy to ship worldwide. I sell SDrive-MAXs and I’ll have 1.5 FujiNets in stock this week. 

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/shop

Hello I was just wondering what's the differences between FujiNet 1.0, 1.3 , 1.5 etc? Is it just a newer more up to date revision?

Are the features and compatibility all generally the same?

I am also interested in purchasing one if you have them in stock later this week how much would it be roughly to ship to the UK?

Thanks

Tommy

• Like 1

Tommy,

The details about what is new is on the FujiNet 1.5 product page.  I have them up now.  Basically if you want to use the FujiNet with any other SIO device you want the 1.5 because it handles the SIO chain way better than 1.0 as well as high speed SIO.  1.3 has many design flaws and I would avoid.  I don't know if anyone even sells the 1.0 any more.  I only sell the latest version, 1.5

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/shop

• Like 1