IGNORED

Aquarius Printer - Manual and/or Schematics

I recently picked up an Aquarius Printer for my ECS.  Online, there are references that talk about the Printer's manual and that there is a separate document for the printer's schematic (https://www.digitpress.com/faq/aquarius.htm).  Does anyone have links or scans for either?

image.jpeg.2b085ad5b0acf872f0eb20c374c0c1b3.jpeg

Note: EdgeOfPortal on AA was kind enough to posted the manual for the rare Aquarius Plotter here.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, jaybird3rd said:

I have scans of the printer manual in my archives.  I'm away from them at the moment, but if they're still needed, I'll dig them out and post them when I can get to them.

The scans are still wanted.  I haven't been able to find the printer manual anywhere on the 'net.

Well, it looks as if I spoke too soon: I seemed to recall coming across a scan of the Aquarius Printer manual in my archives, but when I opened it, it turned out to be a scan of EdgeOfPortal's Aquarius Plotter manual, which you already have.  My Aquarius Printer was purchased CIB, so it must have come with a manual, but I haven't found it yet in the time I've had to look for it today.  I'll keep looking.

5 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Aha, thank you!  It doesn't tell you much more than the "Aquarius Guide to Home Computing" when it comes to using the printer, but it's great to have it scanned.

Didn't find where I could adjust the format of the PDF. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

No problem!  Thank you for taking the time to scan it.  It wouldn't be difficult to crop the images and collate them into a new PDF.

I still have the single pictures. If someone has a better PDF editor than me? I just slapped them together with the MacOs viewer. 

6 minutes ago, Intymike said:

I still have the single pictures. If someone has a better PDF editor than me? I just slapped them together with the MacOs viewer. 

Even better!  When you get the chance, go ahead and package the individual page scans into an archive and post them here.  I've got a few PDF utilities that could do the job.

Here is a quick merge of the original pages into a PDF.  As easy as "convert `ls *.jpg` AquariusPrinter.pdf"!

AquariusPrinter.pdf

At some point, I'll probably do an improved version.  In particular, I notice that Mattel stamped in a few corrections and additions after the manuals had been printed, and it would be nice to patch the images to incorporate these changes into the original text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, Lathe26 said:

I recently picked up an Aquarius Printer for my ECS.  Online, there are references that talk about the Printer's manual and that there is a separate document for the printer's schematic (https://www.digitpress.com/faq/aquarius.htm).  Does anyone have links or scans for either?

image.jpeg.2b085ad5b0acf872f0eb20c374c0c1b3.jpeg

Note: EdgeOfPortal on AA was kind enough to posted the manual for the rare Aquarius Plotter here.

Did it come with a cable?  

• Like 1

The plug end on the ECS is as follows:

Tip = Rxd

Ring(middle) = DTR

Sleeve(farthest from tip) =GND

The end sleeve of both plugs will connect to the ECS (GND). Then the ECS TIP (Rxd) Connnects to the tip of the 3.5 plug and the ECS RING (DTR) connects to the tip of the 2.5 plug

The 2.5 plug checks for PRINTER READY with the DtR then the other plug sends the signal (Rxd)

• Like 1