IGNORED

Jawbreaker II (Joystick Default Hack)

glurk

It annoyed me that this game defaulted to keyboard control, so I hacked it to make it default to joystick, and also allow starting with the trigger button.  And also made it say "Jawbreaker II" on the title, which I think is correct, but that whole naming thing is a conundrum with this game(?)

I like it better this way, just IMO.  Jawbreaker II.car

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Caterpiggle said:

failed to enter my initials name after the game is over ....

Does not response on my keyboard via Altirra . Not yet tested on the real hardware ....

I looked at this since you mentioned it, and I can enter my initials just fine.  On Altirra and on my real 800.  Of course it doesn't save them because it has nowhere to save them TO.

I just took the existing XEX that did not work for me AT ALL from the "Ultimate Cart" and made it work...  Not really much of anything else but the joystick hack.

OK, responding to my own previous post, I see that there IS a high-score entry problem on the XE/XL systems.  But this is the exact same behavior as the ROM posted on Atarimania, where I downloaded it.  I wasn't aware of this, but it's right there in the original.

I'm mostly doing this stuff on my old 48K 800 system, I don't have XE/XL hardware to test on.  But I wasn't trying to fix the original game, I just wanted to add the joystick default, which does work.