IGNORED

Original disks

Hi all,

a friend asked me to look for a certain disk for an st book I have so I figured I would make a list of all the originals in the collection I obtained years ago. 

I am sure all of them have been dumped but figured I would post the list here to see if there is anything that hasn’t been dumped. 

at the moment I have no way of testing the disks for reliability or a way to dump them but I have a new st coming that claims to have a good floppy drive. 

let me know if there is anything of interest. 

Original disks

Impossible mission II

Tanglewood

Scrabble

Temple of asphi trilogy

Starlight

Firezone

Comet busters

Road wars

Empire V2.0

Timebandit

Renegade 

Populous

Gato

Goldrunner

Bratfazz?

Flight sim II

Carrier command

Sun dog frozen legacy

Rogue

Dungeon master

Rockford

Oids

Crystal castles

The sentry 

Ultima iii

Blastaball

Boulder dash construction set

Road war 2000

Rings of zilfin

Silent service

Annals of Rome

Global commander

Bismarck the North Sea chase

Demons winter

Major motion

The pawn

Xenon

Gridiron!

Sidewinder

Nine princes in amber

Quest for glory ii

True basic

Spectrum 512-antic disk

St-copy

Laserc V2.0

Laser c upgrade disk V2.1

Laser c update disk 1.01

Pagestream fonts v1.82

Pagestream program v1.82

True basic-scientific graphics toolkit v1.0

Modula-2 compiler

Modula-2 toolkit

Modula-2 editor and linker 

Modula-2 toolkit (3.00 written on disk)

Modula-2 compiler (3.00 written on disk)

Modula-2 editor And linker (3.00 written on disk)

Drafix Dotplotter

Drafix electrical symbols

Drafix utilities/drawings

Drafix program 

Copy II st

Pagestream font disk

Kissed

Advanced art studio

Computes Atari disk v3 #1 issue 9

1st word

Laser c

Laser db

Qbasic

Do you plan to dump  them yourself? If so, you will need more than a good standard ST disk drive. With copy protection on most games disk,, you need a device that can do flux images. 

I just built a device for such purposes.  You can read about it here.

Do you plan to dump  them yourself? If so, you will need more than a good standard ST disk drive. With copy protection on most games disk,, you need a device that can do flux images. 

I just built a device for such purposes.  You can read about it here.

I was looking for advice to see if any of those titles were not currently dumped.

If there were a bunch of disks that needed to be dumped I would pick up a super card but if it is just 1 or 2 I might just send them to someone to dump.

14 hours ago, moonlight_mile said:

I was looking for advice to see if any of those titles were not currently dumped.

If there were a bunch of disks that needed to be dumped I would pick up a super card but if it is just 1 or 2 I might just send them to someone to dump.

Here is advice: check it yourself at atarimania.

Then, there is pretty much good and reliable way to make images of copy protected ST floppies with bare Atari ST. Will help if there is some hard disk/Flash card adapter too, but can be done with floppy drive only too.

It is called Pasti and can DL SW and instructions on author's WEB site, what me will not put here, we all have google.

Super Card Pro images have one advantage: they are good for writing images back on floppy disks. Pasti images (STX) are not good for that in big %, but are very good for emulators, and even good for 'crack' it and make not copy protected floppy version, and best of all it: hard disk version (adaptation).  Now only thing what missing here is Ijor, who will say that what I talk is wrong ?

Thanks for all the info!

The persons St I got must have been a developer of some type. Not professional but clearly a developer with all the dev tools he/she had and all the books I got with the package.

I am probably thinking the non-commercial/non pirated disks might be of more interest.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of pirated disks. Lots of backup disks of the bigger games.

I got my STE yesterday and have been playing around with that. It has a fully working floppy drive and I am working on making a fresh empty sd card that I can put these images on. (I am formatting a 32gig sd card. )

I will grab Pasti and I will post the disks as I get them done somewhere and if you all
Would like you can look at them see if there is anything important.

Craig

1 hour ago, moonlight_mile said:

I am probably thinking the non-commercial/non pirated disks might be of more interest.

I will grab Pasti and I will post the disks as I get them done somewhere and if you all
Would like you can look at them see if there is anything important.

If you're looking at archiving non-commercial disks, then there's likely no need to use Pasti. Any simple disk copier would do, as there shouldn't be any copy protection, unless I'm just completely missing something. As for your original list, I would think that most of those, the games for sure, have likely been archived already, but as @ParanoidLittleMan mentioned, a quick look through AtariMania would be the best way to tell.

Edited by bfollowell

Well, I copied off all the non-commercial disks off. Most of them look like unlabeled backups of the original commercial disks but there are some that have other files on them.

I’m gonna go through them and see what apps are on them and look them up. If I find anything odd. I will let you guys know.

So far only 4-5 disks I can’t copy off. Maybe this is because of some type of protection. One was flight sim 2 and all the files copies but one kept erroring out.

I have a 2nd floppy drive but I have never gotten it to work. I know the drive is good because I plugged it into the main drive of my STF. I am guessing the little conversion power board is bad but I toned everything out and it seems fine. I don’t have any extra din plugs to see if I could wire up a cable but I will keep trying.

Craig