IGNORED

*Delete (WTB Atari XEGS parts console or just a console start button microswitch)

TheGameCollector

I need a replacement part for my Atari XEGS. When I try to push the start button on the console, most of the time the game won't start unless I really wiggle the start button around. This is because the rubber micro switch is worn and gets stuck.

If someone can either supply a non working parts console cheap or direct me to a modern solution i.e. a micro switch that fits in the Atari XEGS start button barrel but is made of more durable material, I would be thankful. I already tried desoldering the button, cleaning it out and reinstalling it but after a few uses it went right back to getting stuck because of permanent creases in the rubber piece.

Edit:

Selgus sent me a few whole microswitches instead of just the pads, which is even better because all that requires is a simple desolder and solder job. Thank you.

Edited by TheGameCollector

I have a bunch of these switches I've harvested from XEGS motherboards I use for my custom ATARI portable. Just get me your address and let me know how many you need, and I can ship them out to you (as long as you are in the Continental USA).