IGNORED

400 Incognito

chevymad

Anybody else see Lotharek's post on FB this morning. Showed a few new products he hopes will be out in August. The scan doubler, and the externam U1MB are listed but the 400 Incognito surprised me. Not that I need another upgraded machine, but I'll still hotrod my original 400 when this comes out I think. https://www.facebook.com/lotharek/posts/3147533625477406

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, chevymad said:

400 Incognito

REALLY NICE if it happens... That (and Sophia) put the 400 back in the stratosphere, relatively speaking.

...But better fix current Incognito holes before introducing a new version, though... Especially after 8 years being around...

• Like 1

Thinking more about this ... if I can get an Incognito enabled 400 that also has a SOPHIA2 board inside of it, it will very probably become my main A8 machine.  400s are just so darned nice to look at!  The only question then would be what to do with all of these other various upgraded XL systems that I have?  Pack them away for a rainy day or sell them off?

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Heh. I kind of love the absurdity of a 400 Incognito Lite, lol. I already have a 48K 400, upgraded by a prior owner decades ago using a variant of @ClausB's design. I would love to put the Incognito Lite into the other one. 

My 400 is also upgraded with a ClausB design. Did it myself a few years ago after the 400 incognito seemed to be vapor ware.

1 hour ago, Sugarland said:

The install should be easier than the 800's.

Agree... 

...But I suspect with some compromises (like lack of PBI?)

Pure speculation, of course, but still (even without PBI) it will surely be a QUANTUM leap forward for the 400!

2 hours ago, gobo said:

Can't wait to put an Atari 400 capable of everything the 8bits have to offer as a console in front of the TV. The thing looks so cool!

Yep, just need to to hack a good A/V connection, about all it lacks.

Hmmm... an Atari 400 with 1 meg of XL/XE ram... I am totally there.   Atari 400 was my jam back in the 80s.

4 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Yep, just need to to hack a good A/V connection, about all it lacks.

Hmmm... an Atari 400 with 1 meg of XL/XE ram... I am totally there.   Atari 400 was my jam back in the 80s.

Just thought you should be aware that the UAV would change the artifacting mode of the video output to XL type.

This also affects the output of the UAV on the Super Color CPU Card from tf_hh.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

Would love it to support modern wireless keyboards. Maybe that's something that's better developed separately. 400 with a wireless keyboard.... Awesome.

Lotharek´s USB AKI interface should provide this feature.

It works with Wireless keyboards too.

ATARI 8-BIT AKI USB Interface (Video)

Lotharek´s Lair - AKI USB Interface (Webshop)

Cheers,

andY

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gobo said:

AWESOME! Can't wait! Already bought a 400 just waiting for it! :)

Holly crap there’s some stupid prices for 400’s on eBay. What’s more surprising is that people are actually paying these prices! Guess shouldn’t be shocked with the current environment.

This is cool! I have an Atari 400 that I was wondering what to do with. One question: I was reading about the Atari 800 version and it has memory modes that are compatible with the XL/XE series. From what I have read, the XL/XE series uses last two joystick port registers were used for for memory access. Does this mean if one enables this memory mode in incognito, that joystick ports 3&4 are disabled?