IGNORED

Stun Runner on Jaguar

vrocko

So I've seen a demo on YouTube of someone trying to create Stun Runner on the Jaguar but I've only seen the one and nothing else and it wasn't what I thought. It's more than I could do but it's not like the arcade version. I know it's on the Lynx since I have a copy but any chance of anyone doing Stun Runner for the Jaguar? I'd like to see it done and put on a cart or CD. 

I wouldn't hold my breath that guy has been working on that game off and on for at least 8,  yrs or more, he gets excited gets rolling on it for a month,makes some progress then dissapears for a yr or so....has been doing that for some time.

Granted it's a side project and he has got along further than most would of took it, I just cant imagine he gets where his goal is of a semi professional looking port, but who knows we got several items for jag over the years I would never dream of for a long dead system

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pete5125 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath that guy has been working on that game off and on for at least 8,  yrs or more, he gets excited gets rolling on it for a month,makes some progress then dissapears for a yr or so....has been doing that for some time.

Granted it's a side project and he has got along further than most would of took it, I just cant imagine he gets where his goal is of a semi professional looking port, but who knows we got several items for jag over the years I would never dream of for a long dead system

I second the notion that it doesn't appear the game will materialize.  Expo demonstration was Oct 2019.  Near the end of 2019, the developer was talking about buying parts to manufacture the game, preorders, discussion of how waiting until 2019 was over before taking orders to minimize tax payments, etc.  Don't think we've heard anything since.

Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete5125 said:

Don't worry about the time off.  He promised us Need 4 Speed level performance, but his demo showed 12 polygons in a straight line WITH clipping errors.  Total jackass.  Jesus will walk the earth holding hands with the aliens that built the pyramids before we see anything from him.  Here's a little screenshot of what I put together, showing his claims, vs his reality.

haha.thumb.png.632caf4936d4234c2e9fcdbda84fa0f7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, walter_J64bit said:

Most likely we not are going to see this one, the developer disappared and I don't think he's coming back and to top it off, he has one of my Jags!

Well, can't say you weren't warned....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this actually looks quite promising for a 3D homebrew, no textures, but the framerate is smooth (which I prefer over choppy framerate with low res textures).

I wish that the author @VladR has the endurance to make a full game out of this, and for it to be released (or downloadable).

Not like a Stun Runner, Wipeout, Road Rash, F-Zero etc. clone, but as an unique game for what it is.

I am sure that it will be appreciated by many Jaguar fans.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I think this actually looks quite promising for a 3D homebrew, no textures, but the framerate is smooth (which I prefer over choppy framerate with low res textures).

I wish that the author has the endurance to make a full game out of this, and for it to be released (or downloadable).

Not like a Stun Runner, Wipeout, Road Rash, F-Zero etc. clone, but as an unique game for what it is.

I am sure that it will be appreciated by many Jaguar fans.

It was not promising....the author never finished anything and he wanted to start preorders based on this rudimentary tech demo.

Not saying the guy was inept though. But by his attitude he was never able to finish a playable game.

Dr Typos 3D engine is already heads and shoulders above this, but he never claimed he was the best 3D coder the earth has ever witnessed or that his engine was the superduper benchmark for the system.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

It was not promising.....the author never finished anything and he wanted to start preorders based on this rudimentary tech demo.

After the jig was up, he moved to the same promises with the Amiga crowd... did take them long to work him out, either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Same pattern? I am not cynical about him. I hoped he would change his attitude for good....but well.

Lets see the stages of Vladr:

• Introduce oneself as 'the next messiah'
  • Numberwang
  • Show rudementary demo
  • Numberwang
  • Promise the world
  • Wangernum
  • Take pre-order cash
  • Numberwang AND Wangernum
  • Disappear
  • Months later tell everyone you got on the wrong offramp/got sick/forgot you were making a game/got lost in the arctic/abducted by aliens/fell in the toilet/found religion/had electricity cut off

Yep. Same pattern.

Even Webroot, the worlds most useless anti-malware can detect this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

• Numberwang
  • Show rudementary demo
  • Numberwang
  • Promise the world
  • Wangernum
  • Take pre-order cash
  • Disappear
  • Months later tell everyone you got on the wrong offramp/got sick/forgot you were making a game/got lost in the arctic/abducted by aliens/fell in the toilet/found religion/had electricity cut off

Yep. Same pattern.

You forgot some things: - Call devs producing complete games " subpar 8 bit coders" :-D

- Complain about loosing 1000 x dollars per day for *insert system name* coding ??‍♂️

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

• Numberwang
  • Show rudementary demo
  • Numberwang
  • Promise the world
  • Wangernum
  • Take pre-order cash
  • Disappear

Yep. Same pattern.

Don't forget, moving cross country every few weeks.

• Like 5

One of the more mind boggling statements by the developer was: 'trying to secure some funding' while on trip to childhood country.  I'm not sure whom would provide any funding for an Atari Jaguar game after 1996, let alone in 2019 when the comment was made.

35 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

This is really too bad because he has the technical skills, contrary to someone else... I wish he would promise less and deliver something simple but playable.

I fully believe in and stand by the Atari 2600 Knight Rider project. Any day now!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, LordKraken said:

This is really too bad because he has the technical skills, contrary to someone else... I wish he would promise less and deliver something simple but playable.

Like I said, technical skills alone is not enough...I doubt he has the mindset of a game programmer who can actually produce something fun and enjoyable for others

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1