IGNORED

Stun Runner on Jaguar

vrocko

43 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I hate to pick on the guy because he's his own ridiculous enemy most of the time, but geez, he thinks he can, by himself, develop Final Lap R to OutRun to Need For Speed/WipeOut game types over a span of 14 months using the same engine? (ignoring the fact that he's stating SEVEN games) The same engine that he's used for every demo ever, regardless of platform, it seems? The one that goes in a straight line? Really? That's a mighty dry well at this point.

This is never not funny:

haha.thumb.png.6571ad401f3601a60dc6684c836ef22a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I hate to pick on the guy because he's his own ridiculous enemy most of the time, but geez, he thinks he can, by himself, develop Final Lap R to OutRun to Need For Speed/WipeOut game types over a span of 14 months using the same engine? (ignoring the fact that he's stating SEVEN games) The same engine that he's used for every demo ever, regardless of platform, it seems? The one that goes in a straight line? Really? That's a mighty dry well at this point.

I'll never forget that disconnect between the years of hype and then when he showed off the game.  Unreal.  And then watched his Amiga demo . . . I still don't even understand what I'm looking at.  It's not even a game- like the shooting makes no sense, there is no point to steering, the score doesn't line up with anything shown on screen.  How is that better than, say, Super BurnOut?  Or Club Drive? How did people watch that "unveiling' live and not burst out laughing?  Emperor has no clothes, for sure.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, agradeneu said:

Same pattern? I am not cynical about him. I hoped he would change his attitude for good....but well.

It's funny to me, since I didn't know about his history in the Jaguar community but reading his posts on the Vampire message board for a while.

And yes, it was really exactly like what was described here what happened with him and the Vampire community.

And people there are really hoping for some games that take advantage of the capabilities of the Vamp, so I guess most people there were happy for him to promise exactly that.

But well, things didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1