IGNORED

Epilogue GB, GBC, GBA Player

18 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

It would be neat to back up some of my saves for games like the Igavanias I 100% cleared. But I don’t really like playing games on emulators. Are the save data extracts in a published format or a proprietary one?

Might as well just dump them with any old flash linker then, since you're not into the emu portion. --which reminds me, I should upgrade to a usb linker solution one of these days.

IMO this specific product would have to be very inexpensive to have any place in a world with so many existing products between the linkers, cyclones, retrodes, and now all these emu consoles that have been made to also double as dumpers. 

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Wow what is this and why have I not heard of it before?!  This looks interesting to say the least.  I wouldn't mind having if this is that, a combination cart(save) dumper but also works sort of like a SuperGameboy/GB Player but through your PC.  I have the carts in reach from where I am so it would be nice to pop something in and just play it in clean HDMI on screen here as I do stuff.  I've got this nice old gravis usb pro pad(ps1 knockoff mold) for stuff like this.

Not a bad price, and of course, not in stock.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

I've done the same.  I like the idea since I keep games on my desk and most often when I do battery swaps it's GB/C/A anyway.  I could dock a game, pull the save, then make the change.  And since you can GB Player style play it on PC that's great, instant access to an existing collection is great.  The fact you can advance a save or replace/edit one to get some perks and stuff that back on a legit game is huge too.  Imagine like Pokemon FireRed or Crystal, and you grab the event locked mon's or those on the other game it lacks, that's big.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Was about to checkout.  But its 62.49 with 2 day shipping.  And 59 something with regular shipping.  Not sure if its worth it?

Yeaaah I wasn't much impressed with shipping cost, but shipping just costs what it does anymore. 

I went ahead and purchased it. I'll be sure to post some pictures and thoughts when I get it in~

Ooof I saved the email notice, then forgot about it until a moment ago.  Just ordered it.  This will be awesome having those capabilities off my computer for playing on this, copy for saves etc, camera use if I get one of those (intend to, eventually) and the rest.  NICE!  Curious how long it takes, didn't see what the time was on the USPS but I wasn't paying dearly for 2-day, not desperate.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ooof I saved the email notice, then forgot about it until a moment ago.  Just ordered it.  This will be awesome having those capabilities off my computer for playing on this, copy for saves etc, camera use if I get one of those (intend to, eventually) and the rest.  NICE!  Curious how long it takes, didn't see what the time was on the USPS but I wasn't paying dearly for 2-day, not desperate.

The site said ships in august.

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

The site said ships in august.

I know, was thinking more of the international shipping times.  And if I'd be unfortunate a third time in a row getting the quarter wits at chicago o'hare customs where they'll just sit on it for 3-4weeks or so, do nothing, then release it.

• 2 months later...

Heyo! I got mine in yesterday. I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight, but let me just say... It's pretty legit. 

It's well packaged and very well built. It's a pretty cool device overall. You have to use their custom software to make use of it as of this time, but any game put in is almost immediately recognized. It can even detect if your cartridge is an official cartridge or not. 

The emulation is pretty good, but the emulator is still in early stages as all you can really do is

• play the current game
  • copy the game to "play in your favorite emulator"
  • download the save
  • upload the save

It's got some future features promised in the app, but the only settings you can mess with is configuring a controller at the moment. 

All in all, it's definitely what it advertises and solidly built. A really cool way to play and work with your game boy family of games. 

Funny enough, I only ran into 2 "issues" when using it. (Mostly just me being silly)

• It claimed my copy of Moemon Fire Red was a legit Pokemon Fire Red, and it didn't seem to want to grab the save. 
  • It doesn't like my flash cart (EZFlash IV), but I figured this would happen. Just curious what it would do. 
  • Like 1

Mine arrived on Friday as well.

I did my first warez dump I guess of a game in 20 years, I made a copy of my LRG release of Shantae for my archives since I've seen it seemingly hasn't been done for whatever reason.  It copies GBC games pretty fast and did it very well.  The software is pretty lacking though, and there are holes.  I've got around 150+ GB+GBC+GBA games and I came up with some weird things that were missing, listed wrong, or failed to load up.  I even had a few that just misfired, like Pokemon LeafGreen showing up as a rev1 euro copy?  Genjin Collection GB(JP) showed up as just Genjin(Bonk's Adventure.)  A few others just came up with a name/title, but no data, no picture, nothing else.

My Nintendo Power GB Memory cart detected I guess correctly, it showed Super Mario Bros Deluxe (NP) as a listing (in Japan, that game only came out on the service, not physical like the US.)  My multicarts some detected some didn't, all failed to load.  The emulator looks to be pretty solid so far, but the CRC or whatever detection on it blows, it has issues.  I was shocked to see my 300 copies ever made QWAK made by the original author actually detected and came up, yet commercial goodies failed or mis-listed.

I like the utility of what it promises down the line, but they need to get their cart loader sorted out so I can use my library of games properly which is a bit of a shame.  Do they update the software often?