IGNORED

Model Y Retractable Cargo Cover

SpiceWare

Oooo, that's very nice!  I need to look into that.  How do those plastic plates work?  Do they snap over the existing plastic panels?  I bought a fixed cargo tray that lifts up with the hatch, but I like this design better since it retracts if you need the additional height, and looks like you can easily remove it. 

I have those same rubber mats in the back.  :D

..Al

Had an issue with the rear plates - the adhesive didn't hold and the retractable cover pulled the plates down/towards the front.  We suspect it's because dad latched the cover on them right away and it hadn't set long enough to fully adhere.

I went over yesterday and we heated up all 4 plates with a hair dryer, though the front 2 probably didn't need it, and pushed them firmly against the sides.  Dad's going to let them sit a few days before closing the cover.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad talked to them, nobody else has reported this issue.

They had him get a roll of automotive adhesive, and said to reinstall the plates but do not attach the cover for 72 hours to let the adhesive set.

If the 72 hours was in the original instructions we missed it.

I'll report back on the results after we've redone them and waited for the 72 hours.

• 3 months later...