IGNORED

Atari VCS Youtube Haters

Djmicklovin

3 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Why don't you ask him on Twitter? Not like he's dead or impossible to reach, which is better than assuming you know what someone thinks.

I don't do Twitter, and why didn't you ask the same question to the post I responded to?  He clearly "knows" what Nolan thinks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

Sony and Microsoft can throw their money around all they want but smaller companies like Atari, Sega, and others can compete too.

Sega & Atari SA are not even in the same ballpark. 

Sega has over 2000 employees, a successful arcade division, a publishing division, development studios etc.

Atari has 20 people, who are trying to license their old titles to others.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, zzip said:

I don't do Twitter, and why didn't you ask the same question to the post I responded to?  He clearly "knows" what Nolan thinks

Sure, both of you can ask him, does that make you feel better? You can also find him on LinkedIn - the point is that unless you're lazy, you can find out first hand without resorting to conjecture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Sure, both of you can ask him, does that make you feel better? You can also find him on LinkedIn - the point is that unless you're lazy, you can find out first hand without resorting to conjecture.

I mean he visits the Atari office,  he gives endorsements to the product.   He's a professional, so even if he secretly thought they were a bunch of frauds unworthy of the Atari name, he wouldn't say that publically.  So what's the point?

Just now, Lord Mushroom said:

How does this answer the vague question "What do fans want?" exactly? 

As for asking Nolan a quick question about "how do you feel about the current state of your old companies" or (which is what you were conjecturing on, not the endorsement of the VCS that you've deflected to) my bad, it's much more fun to invent what other people think.

• Like 1

Gotcha. We'll see if what they call Premium and what the end result are the same thing, hopefully the new CEO can rally the resources together to make it happen.  Although acting like it's guaranteed to be able to go toe-to-toe with anything 1st party at Sony, MS or Nintendo (like DJM is insistent on doing) is more nonsensical fangirling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

When it is ok to compare your local hardware store to Walmart I guess. You can compare selection, but to blast them for not selling as many screwdrivers would be weird. 

In this case, the local hardware store has about 30 different screwdrivers, and they're all available at other stores. Walmart has over 200 different screwdrivers, some of which are exclusive to Walmart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Gotcha. We'll see if what they call Premium and what the end result are the same thing, hopefully the new CEO can rally the resources together to make it happen.  Although acting like it's guaranteed to be able to go toe-to-toe with anything 1st party at Sony, MS or Nintendo (like DJM is insistent on doing) is more nonsensical fangirling. 

There is a thread about it. It stops (for the time being) being about premium games after post 12.

37 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

As for asking Nolan a quick question about "how do you feel about the current state of your old companies" or (which is what you were conjecturing on, not the endorsement of the VCS that you've deflected to) my bad, it's much more fun to invent what other people think.

I've done one better, I took a Nolan pic and ran it through a powerful AI that can precisely determine a persons thoughts based solely on their body language!

Anyway, here are the results :P

image.png.5eb2b89dcc644f6a5027f7a39b05bbfe.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Speaking as someone who at one time was attending weekly meetings in SCEA's offices in both Foster City and San Diego, any remaining shred of credibility you may have once had completely evaporated when you started talking about Sony's structure outside of Japan.  You just don't know what you're talking about, at least not in anywhere even close to the depth that you seem to think you do.

Saying you know more than me because you were employed there (if that's even true) is one of the lamest arguments. You say that as you hide behind your computer screen. Case in point, people can say anything on the internet without verified sources. You're nothing more than a keyboard warrior to me.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

Case in point, people can say anything on the internet without verified sources. You're nothing more than a keyboard warrior to me.

Case in point, indeed. I believe the kiddies refer to this as a self own, if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Djmicklovin said:

Saying you know more than me because you were employed there (if that's even true) is one of the lamest arguments.

FYI: I've never been employed by Sony, nor did I ever say that I was.  Amusing that you seem to think that experience is nothing in comparison to your (massively incorrect) opinions, though.

You say that as you hide behind your computer screen. Case in point, people can say anything on the internet without verified sources. You're nothing more than a keyboard warrior to me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*pause for breath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, guys, give the guy a break. He is a new poster and he likes Atari despite being young. If he wants to buy the VCS in part because he wants to support their heritage, and their American presence, that is his prerogative. And we all know what some on this forum love the VCS, and some hate it. Either is fine.

You have made your opinions clear. Now it is time to leave the guy alone, or at least strive to get your message across in a respectful way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Ok, guys, give the guy a break. He is a new poster and he likes Atari despite being young. If he wants to buy the VCS in part because he wants to support their heritage, and their American presence, that is his prerogative. And we all know what some on this forum love the VCS, and some hate it. Either is fine.

Age is not the issue here, nor is being a new poster or whether or not one likes the VCS.

2 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Now it is time to leave the guy alone, or at least strive to get your message across in a respectful way.

Here's the problem: he has failed to extend that courtesy to others from pretty much the outset, and this isn't the only thread he's done it in.  There is no second chance to make a first impression, and he's done quite the job of proving that point.

In short, civility is the issue.  If he displays some, he's a lot more likely to get some in return.  Otherwise, he can expect to continue not fitting in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Are you kidding me? I literally just showed you proof on video from the man himself endorsing the product!

17 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Here's the problem: he has failed to extend that courtesy to others from pretty much the outset, and this isn't the only thread he's done it in.  There is no second chance to make a first impression, and he's done quite the job of proving that point.

In short, civility is the issue.  If he displays some, he's a lot more likely to get some in return.  Otherwise, he can expect to continue not fitting in.

Common courtesy goes both ways bud, tell yourself that. You're also talking to a Marine veteran and someone that currently serves in the Army active duty, so who are you to even talk to me about courtesy? I have shown courtesy and have gotten a lot of uncalled for and rude replies from you and some others here just cause I dared to say some nice things about the VCS. I tried with you. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. That's not showing civility.

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I get that, but that message has been sent loud and clear by now, as far as this thread is concerned. Now it is turning into bullying. 

He can´t make another first impression, but he can make a second and third impression, and turn out to become a beloved poster. But if this hail of fire continues, he might leave. If he is rude to you in another thread, feel free to respond in kind, but this thread has seen enough of that stuff.

For the record, the image I posted was not intended to be a dig at him, just a funny picture.

Edited by Lord Mushroom

19 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

Are you kidding me? I literally just showed you proof on video from the man himself endorsing the product!

Once again you are going off on another tangent. I wasn't talking about Nolan's endorsement of the VCS, it was talking about zzip's statement about Nolan "probably" feeling this way or that way about his old companies. I said why not ask him. Nothing for anyone to get upset about. 

Since you want me to talk about Nolan's "endorsement" though, he gave an actual endorsement to the Nintendo Switch right before it launched, saying that he wanted one, while getting into many more details than he did in 20 seconds on a video filmed 3 years ago about the VCS - which didn't exist as a functioning product yet and hadn't even been funded! That you're claiming that this is an endorsement of a launched product is once again, disingenuous. "It's gorgeous" isn't a reason right now to waste $400 on one. Let us know when he's actually used the product and can give us an honest analysis of an on-the-market product instead of offering up a gut reaction on a prop.

And lol at you claiming you're the definition of civility. Go find some self-awareness then get back to us on that. 

• Like 5

Common courtesy goes both ways bud, tell yourself that.

Here we go again.  Pot, kettle, black.

You're also talking to a Marine veteran and someone that currently serves in the Army active duty, so who are you to even talk to me about courtesy?

I come from a military and law enforcement family, and they managed to be courteous people both inside and outside of their military and law enforcement lives.  How dare you use your service as an excuse for your behaviour; it's an insult to everyone who has served without being a raging prick then hidden behind the uniform when called on it.  What you are doing is not stealing valour, it's manipulating it for your own ends.

You are utterly reprehensible and do not deserve to wear the uniform.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I come from a military and law enforcement family, and they managed to be courteous people both inside and outside of their military and law enforcement lives.  How dare you use your service as an excuse for your behaviour; it's an insult to everyone who has served without being a raging prick then hidden behind the uniform when called on it.  What you are doing is not stealing valour, it's manipulating it for your own ends.

You are utterly reprehensible and do not deserve to wear the uniform.

Hey I apologize, no hard feelings. I am new here. Sometimes I say it like it is and I say how I feel but just take it with a grain of salt. I have heard way worse things in my military career. I assume your British by your spelling? You spelled behavior behaviour with a u. I apologize about that.

• Like 2