IGNORED

Atari VCS Youtube Haters

Djmicklovin

37 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I think we all know what's really going on. I remember getting on the internet and lying about stuff like that when I was 14 as well.

*Insert Navy SEAL copypasta*

Dunno - I'm getting the man-child with 'roid rage vibe off of this one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

True. He could be red-faced and furiously cramming Crayons in his maw while shuddering in rage as we type this!

I do enjoy the posting on a web forum to angrily ask others "DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN POST ON A WEB FORUM," that definitely shows a Jeopardy-winner level I.Q.

IDK, Why does a grown man need a Pink Hello Kitty Bicycle or a Crack Pipe?

The Hello Kitty bike is a creepy fetish, but the crack pipe, I totally get that one...

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

Why am I not surprised that a guy with the name "toiletunes" shops at a place like Big Lots? And in the clearance section! ?

Yeah, you caught me. If you must know the truth, I'm a closet vcs lover. All my criticism is to hide my embarrassment at not being able to afford one. I was at the Big Lots clearance section hoping to find a VCS, but they told me it's too soon, and production numbers are probably too low for closeout prices.

• Haha 7

You know, this talk of Big Lots made me realize, part of me wants it to be popular just so we can see what goofball Taiwanese and Chinese knock-offs would come out. I'd be all in on a Xingyang DCS 900+, the FunBoy ZCS, or the Wangying Furniture Co. Atari Fun Having Cube Object with such amazing games as Pit Tumbler: Reimagined, Hurricane 2000, and Heavenly Dog Good Time Feed.

Of course they'd all just be NES hacks.

• Like 3

I think someone made a 3D model for the shell, and someone else got the OS running on a different system, so it seems like you could make a clone at home- not exactly what you're talking about, but I wonder how it would compare (specs, price) to 'the real thing'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

True. He could be red-faced and furiously cramming Crayons in his maw while shuddering in rage as we type this!

I do enjoy the posting on a web forum to angrily ask others "DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN POST ON A WEB FORUM," that definitely shows a Jeopardy-winner level I.Q.

Oh yeah because shopping at Big Lots definitely screams wealth, success, and a high I.Q... 

Screenshot_20210815-124204-289~2.png

Screenshot_20210815-124204-289.png

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

Oh yeah because shopping at Big Lots definitely screams wealth, success, and a high I.Q... 

Screenshot_20210815-124204-289~2.png

There's a lot of people who have enlisted, and there's a lot of people who have served. Are you a combat veteran? I'm not going to criticize you, but most of the people who I see throwing around their service are usually not the same people who actually deployed. I respect you because as an enlisted, you COULD be asked to go to a shithole and fight. For all I know you could have spent half your career manning the registration desk at the Belgian Embassy. It's OK to be proud of your service, but it's classless to be throwing it around when others have fought and died for you to be sitting there with a clean uniform with a shit-grin in front of the NEX or Exchange / AAFES.

And X=1/whatever, throwing around that your family is military and law enforcement doesn't make you any cooler either... or better than anyone else who (like you) also hasn't done those jobs.

I still like both of you, but just needed to throw that out since you both seem to be measuring your dicks. 

I don't know what either of this has to do with the Atari VCS, which is an awesome system by the way.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

There's a lot of people who have enlisted, and there's a lot of people who have served. Are you a combat veteran? I'm not going to criticize you, but most of the people who I see throwing around their service are usually not the same people who actually deployed. I respect you because as an enlisted, you COULD be asked to go to a shithole and fight. For all I know you could have spent half your career manning the registration desk at the Belgian Embassy. It's OK to be proud of your service, but it's classless to be throwing it around when others have fought and died for you to be sitting there with a clean uniform with a shit-grin in front of the NEX or Exchange / AAFES.

I'm not throwing around my service, they think I'm making stuff up so I properly introduced myself. I am new here. Are you a combat veteran? I have deployed but what does it matter to you how I served? I still served honorably and have had to spend time away from family and friends. So if I'm not dead I don't have a right to smile and take a nice picture? What sense does that make? And no it wasn't in front the NEX or Exchange/AAFES...

38 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't know what either of this has to do with the Atari VCS, which is an awesome system by the way

I think it's an awesome system, try telling them that. I said some nice things about the VCS and am getting a lot of nasty, uncalled for comments, and personal attacks. Some of these people are just crazy and can't be reasoned with.

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

And X=1/whatever, throwing around that your family is military and law enforcement doesn't make you any cooler either... or better than anyone else who (like you) also hasn't done those jobs.

The only reason for mentioning that was to make the point that I have respect for those who serve and have served.  It had absolutely nothing to do with somehow making myself look better by saying it.

And you're right: I haven't done those jobs.  It's difficult to do them when you have neck and back injuries that cause you to be considered physically unfit for service.  I'm not going to unload my medical history here, but you have absolutely no idea of what it's been like to live with them, particularly as I age.  Kindly don't assume that I'm making some sort of self-aggrandising statement when I describe my background in an effort to provide some context for why I find @Djmicklovin's use of his time in service as something to hold over everyone's head.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

Keep telling yourself that while you sit in your mother's basement lol. What have you ever done with your life bro? I'm a Marine veteran, you have nothing on me.

20 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

I'm not throwing around my service, they think I'm making stuff up so I properly introduced myself.

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm just a chimp using the internet, so I mean what would I know anyway?

Though I will have you know that I've been pre-approved for a WIDE VARIETY of credit cards, which clearly shows that I have the utmost taste, sophistication, and intellect. A WIDE VARIETY. VISA. MASTERCARD. DISCOVER. You name it, I'm PRE-APPROVED.

black and white smoking GIF

Also, not gonna lie, this thread needed locked like 2 pages ago (and I'm including my own contribution in that as well).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

I'm not throwing around my service, they think I'm making stuff up so I properly introduced myself.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:25 PM, Djmicklovin said:

You're also talking to a Marine veteran and someone that currently serves in the Army active duty, so who are you to even talk to me about courtesy?

18 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

I'm a Marine veteran, you have nothing on me.

• Haha 5